The role will involve supporting a team of accountants that are responsible for the delivery of services to a portfolio of clients. Tasks will include bookkeeping, preparation of quarterly VAT returns and contributing to the year end financial statements, corporation tax returns and self-assessment returns and more.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
£9,379.50 to £18,525.00
Wage to be agreed upon appointment of the candidate, as it will be dependent on experience.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
15 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Responsibilities & Duties
- Supporting the accounts team
- Assisting with bank reconciliations.
- Preparing data to contribute to the filing VAT returns.
- Double entry book keeping.
- Completion of P11d forms.
- Updating of tax codes on the accounting software.
- Administration of clients on CRM systems and accounting software.
- Dealing with HMRC in regard to queries and correspondence.
- Customer service - answering telephone calls and emails and dealing with queries and complaints.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level 3 (A-Level)
- Training to be done in the workplace and at Kendal College
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Further accounting training options such as ACA or ACCA upon successful completion of the AAT
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.