Business Administrator Apprenticeship - Business Engagement Bath College
Bath College is looking for a motivational trainee Business Engagement Administrator to work within our Business Development Team. You will work with the SME Engagement Manager to ensure accurate and timely administrative and business engagement support for the Workforce for the Future project and to undertake key administrative functions.
Closing date: 13 Jul 2022
Staff Benefits: • Generous paid holiday entitlement. • Contributory salary pension scheme. • Continuing Professional Development. • Refer a friend and earn a reward. • Rewarding You. • Employee Assistance Programme. • VDU Eye Care Tests.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
08 Aug 2022
14 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
1 - To provide specific administrative support to the staff within the Business Development department with a particular focus on the Workforce for the Future project:
- Distribute and deliver mail across designated departments.Attend and participate in department meetings and briefings.
- Obtain estimates and book travel, if required.
- Facilitate meetings with employers.
- Pass on potential employer engagement opportunities to the SME Engagment Manager.
- Assist with claims and monitoring paperwork required by external partners.
- Help with the completion of initial assessment.
- Perform administrative tasks using the college Customer Relationship Management tool.
- Providing data and reports to managers when required.
- Ensure clear communications across all departments.
2 - To undertake responsibility for placing orders for Business and Technical Skills:
- Ensure suppliers have valid accounts with the College.
- Set up accounts for new suppliers.
- Obtain authorisation from account holders.
- Dispatch orders.
- Maintain records of orders raised.
- Keep SME Engagement Manager up to date with budget spending.
3 - To provide general administrative support to the SME Engagement Manager:
- Provide information or reports from central systems.
- Where applicable undertake minute taking at department meetings.
- Assist in the organisation of external meetings and arrange refreshments where appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation of course leaflets and marketing and keep websites up to date.
- Provide administrative support on Open Days and events.
- Manage, as required, the diary of the SME Engagement Manager.
4 - Other responsibilities:
- Provide admin support to other departments during staff sickness and holidays.
- Handle day to day business enquiries, passing on information to the relevant staff or other service areas as required.
- Particiapate in cross college enrolments when required.
5 - Health and Safety responsibilities
- Observe and remain aware of Health and Safety documentation and procedures in line with College policy.
6 - Safeguarding Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons in line with College Policy.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 - Business Administrator Apprenticeship.
Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA).
The apprentice will gain knowledge and practical experience, along with functional and personal skills. These are acquired through a mix of learning in the workplace and academic study.
Training will be a mix of online studies and off the job tasks with support for the Assessor.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential of continuing to work at Bath College after the completion of the Apprenitceship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent All Subjects (Grade qualification or equivalent) Essential
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Admin, Business or Finance (Grade Level 2 or Above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.