Housing Administrator Apprentice CENTAUR HOUSING ASSOCIATION
This vacancy is for a Housing Administration Apprentice based in Chorley. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
07 Nov 2022
27 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The main objectives of the Apprentice Housing Administrator Supported Living role are;
* To provide administrative support to the Operational Team to support the delivery of Intensive Housing Management and Support Services to Tenants of Centaur Housing Association and of our Housing Partners by being the first point of contact.
* To provide office administration support to the team by welcoming guests, typing, filing, photocopying, answering the telephone, message taking, arranging appointments, monitoring rent payments and bringing to the attention of colleagues any work-related omissions or deficits.
* To maintain professional working partnerships with customers, partners, suppliers and contractors alike.
* To assist the team to organise repairs and maintenance in line with the business target timescales, identifying contactors for areas of operation and coordinating access with tenants and their support staff.
* To prepare documentation for tenancy sign ups, assisting support providers to submit applications for Housing Benefit in a timely manner.
* To assist in the monitoring and collection of rent and HB payments and liaising with tenants and their representatives, Local Authorities, Financial appointee's whilst following the company's procedures.
* To acknowledge and record all reports of Anti-social behaviour, neighbour complaints, noise nuisance in line with the company's procedures, communicating with internal and external parties.
* To assist in the arranging of property maintenance 'Quality Inspections' and record and monitor property inspections carried out by the housing management team to ensure properties are maintained to a high standard.
.* To place orders and arrange delivery of white goods, carpets, decorating, fixtures and fittings etc whilst keeping records maintained.
* To assist the Housing Management Team to establish and manage a system of regular maintenance upkeep activities according to the allocated budget e.g. gardening, window cleaning, white goods and furniture etc.
* To assist in marketing properties for sale, producing Marketing brochures for Void rooms/properties to advertise voids to social services. To assist with updating Local Council's Void Portal's to ensure voids are marketed to Social Services and Support Providers.
* To assist in the management of complaints ensuring that all complaints are acknowledged in writing and brought to the attention of the relevant person.
* To ensure the accurate and safe filing of information required by the Company processes.
* To assist in placing orders for stationery and office items.
* To participate in staff training, induction, supervision and appraisal programmes.
* To follow company policies and procedures at all times.
* To provide office/telephone cover to ensure the business objectives are met at all times.
* To maintain a clean, presentable and Health and Safety conscious manner in terms of dress code and conduct.
* To assist in ensuring that budgets are managed efficiently by providing information when required.
* To process expenditure only in line with the Authority Matrix.
* To participate in any trade or networking event considered advantageous to the Company.
* To ensure maintenance of confidentiality, Data Protection and related policies.
* The main duties of the post may be reviewed in the light of experience and developments within the Company. Any review will be undertaken in conjunction with the Post Holder.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
* BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration, QCF
* (Functional Skills, Level 2 - Maths, English - if not already achieved)
* Employer Rights and Responsibilities
* Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The opportunities in the world of business are endless. Many apprentices start in business administration, customer service or accountancy, which are great stepping stones into lots of exciting careers. You can go on to specialise in a particular field and into management. You will find people who started in administration working in all professional areas and at all levels. If you are good at IT, have an eye for detail and enjoy working with others then a Business Apprenticeship could give your career a great start.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Technology (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)