Business Administration Apprentice Queen Camel Medical Centre
An exciting opportunity to join a busy Medical Centre. The post holder will project a friendly image to patients and visitors, dealing with enquiries and queries in a professional courteous and efficient. You will be providing general administrative assistance to the practice team.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
07 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties and Responsibilities (after training and with support of colleagues):
- Support the Office Supervisor and Practice Manager to troubleshoot practice IT queries
- Scan patient correspondence received into medical records
- Carry out searches and recall patients for chronic disease management
- Provide administrative support to members of the practice team
- Pulling/filing notes for GP’s and other members of the team
- Process patients changes of address – computer data and medical records
- Support practice administrator with e-referral processes and associated paperwork
- Undertaking other reasonable duties within the framework of the post as directed by the Practice Manager.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Business Administrator Level 3 (A Level)
Yeovil College Assessor will make regular on-line appointments ranging between 4-6 weeks and occasional face to-face visits to guide through all requirements to complete the course this will take approximately 18months.The apprentice will be guided & supported by the Assessor to build a portfolio of evidence including evidence of
observations, professional discussions, work-based evidence
and reflective accounts. A project from 9 months into the apprenticeship which is all part of the EPA process for the Business Administrator apprenticeship. To help with the knowledge for
the Exam which is also part of the End Point Assessment process Yeovil College supplies textbook which includes theory and activities and offers virtual workshops.Yeovil College will also provide any Maths
and English Functional skills if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The opportunity to be offered a permanent position within the practice at the end of your apprenticeship for the right candidate .
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.