Market Rasen Surgery are looking to recruit an outgoing and driven individual to become their new Apprentice. In this role the successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of administrative and patient support in a busy doctors surgery. Duties will include – booking in appointments, dealing with enquiries as well general admin support.
Closing date: 26 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
01 Jul 2022
01 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Administer the call and recall of patients to chronic disease clinics and cytology screening, scheduling appointments as required, ensuring compliance with and maximisation of the GP contract. This is performed in co-operation with the GPs, practice nurses, practice manager and IT administrator to ensure patients are recalled within practice and contract guidelines. Communication with patients via letter or telephone.
- In liaison with the records summariser, add newly registered patients with chronic diseases to the recall system in accordance with the contractual schedule for their disease.
- Design and run data searches and reports as requested by the practice manager, GPs, IT administrator or nurses.
- Provide administrative support to the nursing team as requested.
- Ensure data is consistently entered and run searches to find anomalies.
- Keep records of any patient records or other data which are sent off-site in relation to private fees.
- In the absence of the Patient Records Administrator, scan documents to the practice’s clinical system, ensuring all relevant patient data is entered to each document; electronically distribute documents scanned to the practice’s clinical system using agreed workflow procedures and action any tasks returned by the clinicians via scanning workflow.
- In the absence of the Patient Records Administrator, ensure patients’ clinical and administrative records (electronic and paper) are up to date, accurate and that data is entered in a consistent manner across the practice and in compliance with current Read coding standards. If necessary, discuss anomalies or discrepancies with individual clinicians, the IT administrator or practice manager, ensuring any changes made are logged and audited and that any training issues are addressed.
- Ensure all data relating to the practice’s contractual obligations, particularly the quality and outcomes framework, is entered accurately and consistently to patients’ records.
- Assist with the accurate maintenance of filing systems, both electronic and paper, to ensure documents can be readily retrieved when required.
- Ensure patients’ records only contain information which is relevant to their health care.
- Adhere to the NHS’s Code of Confidentiality, ensuring that data relating to patients is not discussed without clinical need.
- Carry out all duties in a safe manner, using only the equipment and materials provided.
- Understand and adhere to the practice’s health and safety policy.
- Understand and adhere to any statutory regulations that are required of the practice.
- Attend and participate in practice meetings whenever possible.
- To learn the role of the receptionist and cover when required.
- Undertake additional duties as may from time to time be necessary.
- Participate in regular performance appraisal.
- Undertake any training required in order to maintain competency, including mandatory training (eg fire, manual handling, CPR).
- The post holder will be required to undertake any other duties and responsibilities within the framework of the post.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
· Level 3 Business Administrator Standard
· A bespoke programme of technical and vocational training
· Functional skills in Maths and English*if applicable
The successful candidate will be assigned a dedicated work based trainer who will provide support and guidance throughout the course.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible permanent contract upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship and further enhanced industry based training
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.