Sales Administration Assistant Apprentice Towergate Travel
Great opportunity working for Towergate Travel to assist and carry out insurance administration. You will be providing day-to-day broking and administration servicing of our client’s insurance products and needs in a timely, technically accurate and cost-effective manner.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
17 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be joining a small business called Towergate Travel, specialising in commercial products available for holiday companies. You will provide broking and administrative services to clients, restricting advice and information to those areas in which the jobholder is deemed competent, otherwise seeking advice as appropriate. Tasks include but not limited to:
- Issuing cover instructions to insurers.
- Reviewing policy documents and/or endorsements for accuracy prior to submission to the client.
- Invoicing the client for premiums due and supporting the Finance Dept. with effective credit control.
- Processing inbound correspondence.
- Preparing and providing new business quotations, including all necessary computer administration.
- Processing policy renewals, including any pre-renewal activity required.
- Ensuring that all post and personal/team diary activity is completed with the departments agreed SLA’s.
- Building relationships with existing clients through phone and e-mail contact as required.
- Identifying cross-sale opportunities and actioning accordingly.
- Collating and preparing reports for both the client and insurer market.
- Understanding each client’s bespoke situation, opportunities and challenges and recommend appropriate insurance solutions.
- Achieving high team performance by regular communication with colleagues and line manager. Sharing best practice at all times.
Ensuring compliance with all internal procedures, customer service standards and external compliance regulations, e.g. FCA.
- Undertaking training in line with agreed objectives and keeping up to date with technical, legal and market developments via use of e-learning, internal training and external market-related material, ensuring that this is recorded in line with Training & Competency requirements.
- Conducting the business of the Company at all times in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Developing and maintaining positive ongoing relationships with insurers and underwriters in a professional manner.
- The jobholder will, at various times, act for both the insured client and the insurer. The jobholder will be responsible for adhering to all the Group's procedures and policies in relation to the identification and management of potential conflicts of interest and for the fair treatment of customers and will ensure they follow all systems and controls in existence.
- Ensuring that any customer complaints are identified and handled within the company’s complaints handling procedures.
- Processing all work compliantly to pass quarterly Quality Assurance audits.
- Attending when asked appropriate industry seminars, conferences, events & client meetings.
- Undertaking any other task as may reasonably be required by the company.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will work towards your Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard.
Functional Skills in English and Maths Level 2 (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Permanent role upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Potential Cert CII enrolment
Potential availability for Commercial Account Handler role
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above or equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
DAVIES LEARNING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.