Business Administration Level 3 Apprentice North East Procurement Organisation
NEPO have an exciting opportunity for three people to join their friendly team as Business Administrator Apprentices! The successful candidates will work towards the level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard whilst being trained to undertake a wide range of administrative duties.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2022
Apprentice minimum wage for first 12 months, then progresses onto National Minimum Wage for age.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
12 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Undertake a range of general administration and organisational support to the NEPO team.
- Learn how to support NEPO’s governance and corporate meetings by organising meetings, preparing, and updating documents and digital information.
- Learn how to perform diary management functions for officers within NEPO including arranging and rearranging meetings, room booking and organising refreshments.
- Learn how to provide basic facilities management – setting up rooms for meetings, assisting attendees and ensuring necessary equipment and resources are available as required.
- Attend meetings and workshops and learn how to record actions and minutes.
- Learn how to use data and information to track project milestones across the business.
- Learn how to gather and use data and information to populate performance reports.
- Learn how to carry out routine basic invoicing, creating purchase orders and processing payments.
- Learn how to support booking of business travel arrangements.
- Learn how to produce accurate records and documents including emails, letters, and reports.
- Demonstrate your ability to make recommendations for improvements and present solutions to line manager.
- Demonstrate that you understand the importance of decision making and learn how to make effective decisions based on sound reasoning and deal with challenges in a mature way.
- Develop interpersonal skills to be able to build and maintain positive relationships within your own team and across the organisation and wider stakeholders.
- Learn how to influence and challenge appropriately and become a role model to peers and team members.
- Develop good communications skills, whether face-to-face, on the telephone, in writing or on a digital platform and use the most appropriate channels to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate the necessary level of expertise required to complete tasks and apply yourself to continuously improve your work.
- Learn how to take responsibility for initiating and completing tasks, managing priorities and time to successfully meet deadlines.
- Ensure appropriate attention is given to your own health and safety, and the safety of your colleagues and visitors, following established procedures.
- Attend training as determined appropriate by NEPO in relation to working practices and the Apprenticeship programme.
- Any other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The sucessful candidate will come out with a Business Administration Level 3 Qualification
- Maths and English to Level 2 required, if not already achieved
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour in relation to:
-customer service principles and practices
-knowledge and understating
-managing challenging situations and taking ownership
health and safety
- Ongoing assessment by the employer and provider – for example meetings with apprentice, employer and learning provider, observations of workplace, gathering evidence
- Undertake a self-assessment in the last month of their apprenticeship to enable them to see whether they are confident that they have taken on board all aspects of the occupation. This self-assessment must be submitted to the independent end point assessor as a source of evidence to prepare for independent End Point Assessment which will include a showcase portfolio; a project; an employer reference and a structured interview about their portfolio and project.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
0191 433 8761
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.