Apprentice Assistant Fishmonger/ Processor Shield Foods Ltd
The assistant fishmonger will work in a small team in a fish processing factory with lots of opportunities to gain skills and knowledge as part of their fish and shellfish Intermediate Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
14 Nov 2017
28 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The assistant fishmonger will work in a small team in a fish processing factory with lots of opportunities to gain skills and knowledge as part of their fish and shellfish intermediate apprenticeship.
As an assistant fishmonger/ processor, you will be able to take in deliveries of fish and shellfish from suppliers and prepare the fish and shellfish for dispatch to customers.
A good knowledge of the wide range of fish and shellfish sold by the business will become second nature to you as you work through your apprenticeship programme.
You will also learn how to:
- Handle and prepare fish and shellfish
- Deal with customer enquiries
- Clean and maintain factory hygiene and contribute to the success of this small, modern business
You will be fully trained in all aspects of your job role and there will be some flexibility within your apprenticeship to tailor your programme, as well as working closely with the Fishmonger manager and other employees.
As part of an intermediate apprenticeship you will also achieve qualifications in English and Mathematics.
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to communicate with different sectors of the organization
- The ability to work in a small, yet culturally diverse team
- Reliability, good time keeping and time management skills
- Pleasant manners and approachable
- Clean, tidy and hygienic
- Quick learner, and able to work with minimum supervision
- Prepared to handle and work with raw fish and shellfish
- Numerate to understand gross weights, net weights and yields
- Ability to match client requirements to the required quality of prepared products
No formal qualifications required.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Diploma for Proficiency in Fish and Shellfish Industry Skills
- Functional Skills in English and Mathematics
Food and Drink
STRIVE TRAINING (LONDON) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by STRIVE TRAINING (LONDON) LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017