We are looking for someone to assist in carrying out I.T Support for end users in the UK and Holland. The main duties will include tasks such as: Provide first line support for business software (Sage ERP, CRM, Datalinx). • Provide first line support for business hardware, provide support for Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, Outlook).
IT Application Apprentice
CJ Wildbird Foods Ltd
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017
Monday-Thursday: 8:30-17:00, Friday: 8:30-16:00
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
28 Mar 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for someone to assist in carrying out I.T Support for end users in the UK and Holland.
The main duties will include:
- Administer user accounts through Active Directory and Exchange Management console.
- Administer the company’s anti-virus software and maintain company backups.
- Maintain and update the I.T Service log and escalate tickets to 3rd party companies where necessary.
- Provide first line support for business software (Sage ERP, CRM, Datalinx).
- Provide first line support for business hardware (PCs, Laptops, Printers, Telephones).
- Provide support for Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Using SQL to pull out data and also manipulate.
- Communicate effectively with end users in a non-technical, non-jargon way.
- Become familiar with warehouse and internal company processes.
- Work independently as well as part of a team.
- Support project work within the company as / when required.
Requirements and prospects
The ideal candidate will need to be:
- A good team player as well as able to work independently.
- Be able to communicate in a technical manner as well as none technical jargon for end users.
- A fast learner.
- Strong organisational skills, able to prioritise workloads.
- Good experience with Microsoft Office programs.
- Any previous experience with SQL Server would be ideal but not mandatory.
The successful candidate will need:
- Punctual and reliable
- Strong willingness to learn new skill
- A good communicator (verbal and written)
To apply for this post you will need:
- To have 5 GCSEs grade A*-C including Maths, English and IT and to have 3 A-Levels at grades A-C including an IT related subject.
While completing the apprenticeship there may be more opportunity to partake in additional training courses outside the apprentice framework. Upon completion there will be a very attractive permanent job offer for the right candidate.
Things to consider
Telford College are managing this vacancy on behalf of this company. As part of the screening process of applications you may be contacted by Telford College and invited in for a face to face interview as part of our screening process. Training on the Apprenticeships Programme for 16 to 18 year olds is a priority and fully-funded by Government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age is part funded, with employers expected to make a part or full contribution. The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) for apprentices from the 1st October 2016 is £3.40 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. The new NMW applies to time working plus time spent training as this is also part of the Apprenticeship. Anyone not covered by this age category above will be entitled to the NMW appropriate for their age. From the 1st April 2017 the apprenticeship minimum wage is increasing to a minimum of £3.50 per hour. Travelling to work: Bus routes: http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/timetables-search/?pg=1&pgsize=10®ion=22534&q=telford&lat=52.678419&lng=-2.445257999999967 Car Share Shropshire and Telford: http://carshareshropshireandtelford.co.uk/x.jsp?ano=0 Wheels to Work: http://www.shropshire-rcc.org.uk/services/individuals/wheels-to-work
About the employer
CJ Wildbird Foods Ltd. was founded in 1987 on a farm in rural Shropshire, by a lifelong ornithologist and wildlife enthusiast. The company began by researching and selling a small range of seeds for wild birds, but as awareness grew of the benefits of feeding the garden birds so did we. The company has been instrumental in the growth of the wildlife products market throughout Europe and thanks to extensive research and development programme by our ornithologists; the range of wild bird food available has significantly increased over the years.
As well as supplying the UK market, we now operate in 9 other European countries and are proud to be the market leaders in the research, design and development of wild bird and wildlife food, and accompanying feeding products. www.birdfood.co.uk
As part of the apprenticeship the candidate will be working towards a workplace training plan within their organisation as well as working towards the apprenticeship framework components with Telford College. The candidate will achieve the following qualifications:
- IT Application Specialist level 3
- Technical Certificate level 3
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
IT Application Specialist
TELFORD COLLEGE OF ARTS & TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Telford College of Arts & Technology
Carol Bailey 01952 642452 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017