Warehouse Apprenticeship - Chepstow Howden's Joinery Ltd
To effectively manage the Depot warehouse in line with Company Policy and Procedure, ensuring compliance with Health & Safety Regulations as outlined in the company Health & Safety file.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
25 Sep 2017
24 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Meet trade business customer service requirements in the effective processing of customer sales, after sales service and cross selling to ensure that at all times customer service needs are met
- To unload and check accuracy of all incoming stock supplier deliveries in line with the Health & Safety offloading procedures and company policy
- To carry out daily checks on the forklift truck and other mechanical equipment in accordance with Health & Safety Policy. To report all defects to the Depot Manager
- Maintain high level of security in accordance with company policy. Carry out the required security checks on all outgoing orders and deliveries, whilst adhering to Health & Safety Regulations and stock management guidelines.
- To deal with returns from customers in a courteous, professional and knowledgeable way
- To carry out daily/weekly stock checks, according to procedure, to ensure an accurate computer stock file
- To understand and comply with company policy regarding damage controls and replacement part ordering
- Maintain general housekeeping duties within the warehouse, stock rotation and product group, cleanliness and tidiness in line with Company safety standards and expectations
- To participate as an effective and willing team member to achieve individual and team goals
- To ensure a safe and comfortable environment is maintained for customers and employees within the store. Ensure compliance with Health & Safety Regulations
- To assist with any other reasonable request in order to fulfil the requirements of the business and smooth operation of the depot
- This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, but outlines the salient points of the role.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues at all levels including Managers
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and suppliers
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Pleasant, friendly manner in order to clearly articulate Howdens Joinery products to the public
- Organised and committed approach
- Positive attitude to work
No formal qualifications required just a genuine interest in the area and a passion to succeed.
Things to consider
About the employer
Howden's Joinery Ltd
This is a work based apprenticeship with regular visits from an assessor to aid in the completion of a Level 2 in Trade Business Services, Functional Skills if required.
Trade Business Services
THE REAL APPRENTICESHIP COMPANY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Real Apprenticeship Company
Recruitment 01926298030 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017