Apprentice Care Assistant Stanfield
An exciting Apprentice Care Assistant vacancy has become available in the Worcester area working in a Residential setting.
Closing date: 19 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
28 Oct 2017
13 Sep 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
A vacancy has become available in the Worcester Area for a Care Assistant. You will report to the manager who will assign daily duties , these will include:
- Assisting with the admission of all new service users, welcoming them to Stanfield in a positive and reassuring manner and introducing them to other service users and staff members.
- Helping the new service user to unpack and list all belongings- valuables must be brought immediately to the attention of the RN on duty.
- Assist the service users to the place of their choice for meals.
- Assist those who need it to a comfortable position ready to eat and assist as appropriate those service users who cant feed themselves.
- To assist as appropriate all service users to wash, bathe, clean teeth, wash and comb hair, care for nails and select suitable clothing and all toileting needs.
Tidy service users rooms, wardrobes, drawers etc and maintain their possessions in good order.
- Change bed linen in accordance with the Homes Policies, make beds and dispose of soiled items as directed in staff codes of conduct and always follow the Infection Control policy.
- To undertake the task (after suitable training) of taking blood pressures, pulses, temperatures, weights and urinalysis and recording in the appropriate forms.
Assisting the RN on duty in any reasonable task requested which is within your level of competence.
Requirements and prospects
- Outgoing personality
- Mature and caring personality
- Great if able to work on own initiative
- Commitment to a pathway of learning within a vocational setting
- Willingness to work within a team.
- Good Literacy
- Good Numeracy.
- To progress to Level 3 in Health and Social Care
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English -if required.
Things to consider
- Candidates are advised to check the location of the vacancy prior to application and be able to travel to and from the location setting.
- This position will involve working on a shift pattern to include weekends.
About the employer
- Full Training to Level 2 in Heath and Social Care
- Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths and English- if required.
Health and Social Care
ASPIRATION TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aspiration Training Ltd
Lisa Venables 07880033301
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 19 Oct 2017