We have an exciting apprenticeship opportunity, based at our Kidderminster office, for a self-motivated and passionate individual to start their career in web development. We're looking for an individual ready to learn web development in the real world. Do you have what it takes? If so, then please apply today!
Apprentice Web Developer
The Community Housing Group Limited
Closing date: 30 Apr 2017
Working a total of 40 hours per week, the post allows for flexible working to ensure projects/objectives are delivered.
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
22 May 2017
28 Mar 2017
Higher Level Apprenticeship
- SQL databases
- Adobe design software would be an advantage
- To train as a Web Development Assistant as part of a 2.5 year higher-level apprenticeship.
- To support the IT Department by developing skills to contribute as a member of the Web Development Team under the direction of the IT Development Officer
- By fulfilling the role, you will help to ensure that the Group is able to deliver a high-quality digital presence on the Internet
- Through the apprenticeship programme gain skills and knowledge to assist in the design, coding, and testing of our web sites and mobile applications.
- Follow instruction from the IT Development Officer and the IT department’s procedural guidelines to ensure tasks are consistently delivered to a high standard.
- Provide professional written and verbal communication. Content should be effective, coherent and grammatically correct.
- Deliver outstanding customer service, and support great teamwork.
- In addition to college-based learning, undertake ongoing research and personal development to improve relevant knowledge and acquire new skills. Access to online learning tools will be provided to give flexibility as to when this learning takes place.
- Maintain awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and suggesting new possible ways to work.
- To have a knowledge and appreciation of working with confidential customer data and the Data Protection Act.
- To carry out any other duties and responsibilities which, within the scope of this post, may be allocated by the IT Development Officer, the IT Manager or an authorised representative.
- To comply with the health and safety duty of all individuals to act responsibly, within TCHG health and safety policy and procedure, risk assessments and safe working guidance.
- To promote equality of opportunity and recognition of diversity in all aspects of work.
- To promote The Community Housing Group’s core values and ethos.
- To foster constructive and collaborative working relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and partner organisations.
- To participate in the continuous improvement of service delivery
- To work within Policy and Procedure, Standing Orders and Financial Regulations.
- To respect the need for confidentiality when processing personal data.
- To participate in the Group PPR scheme.
Requirements and prospects
The following are essential attributes for this role:
You will have experience of a professional office environment or will have the ability to act professionally in all work related roles.
- Confident user of IT and Technology, with experience of business applications (eg. Microsoft Office, Google Docs, etc.)
- Regular user of websites, smart phone apps, and social media.
- Some prior knowledge of “HTML” and web page development (this could include a task with a school or college course, or development of a site for personal use or a club/group). You will be asked at interview to provide evidence of your work.
- Experience of interpreting a brief; planning, designing and creating a finished solution (for example, this could include a task to design and create a product within a school or college design course).
Exposure to any (or all) of the following web development disciplines:
- MySQL databases
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Fireworks
- A full UK driving licence and access to a car/vehicle is desirable
The following qualities are essential:
- A genuine interest in website design and development. Along with enthusiasm for a continuing career in IT and an aptitude and willingness to learn and develop.
- Highly motivated individual with initiative, and willingness to undertake new tasks.
- Creative and passionate; always striving to produce high-quality solutions.
- Willing to experiment and offer different design options; accept and learn from feedback.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise, multi-task, and handle high workloads in a busy working environment.
- Excellent team member able to contribute ideas and support fellow colleagues at all times in ensuring a successful team.
- Ability to communicate appropriately with a wide and varied audience.
- A commitment to undertake technical training and gain industry recognised certifications.
- 7 or more GCSE grades A*-C or equivalent (to include Mathematics, and English).
- GCSEs or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject (e.g. ICT or Computer Studies)
- A or AS Level qualification in IT
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there is a possibility that the company will offer a full-time position to the chosen candidate.
Things to consider
Do you possess the required interest and passion for Web Development? Do you possess the desired qualifications? Are you able to travel to the place of work in Kidderminster on a daily basis? A full UK driving licence and access to a car/vehicle is desirable
About the employer
The Community Housing Group (TCHG) provides over 5500 homes in the Wyre Forest, and is the largest Registered Provider of Social Housing in the area. We are passionate about apprenticeships, and by building apprenticeships into our recruitment policy, they are becoming part of a strategic approach to enable us to grow our business and develop the skills and workforce we need now and for the future. Our National Apprenticeship Award Winning Programme enables people to gain the skills and knowledge they need to succeed, whilst working and earning.
Level 4 Software Development Technician Trailblazer Standard qualification, together with on-site training by the employer.
TDM Wyre Academy delivers Advanced and Higher apprenticeship programmes that are licensed by The Tech Partnership. The apprenticeship Standards equip young people with the skills for a career in technology.
The Standards are a new accreditation that delivers top quality learning and development. The Standards have been created by leading organisations in the IT industry such as Google, BT and eSkills, and have been created to ensure that participants develop the blend of technical, business and interpersonal skills that are much in demand in the workplace.
This role will be at the Higher Level 4 Standard Apprentice with a duration of 30 months.
Digital Industries > Software Developer
TDM Wyre Academy
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Development Manager Ltd
Anne Pilsworth 03331010040 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Apr 2017