Front of House/Assistant to Management Apprentice with Lion Rock Tea Rooms BONSI LIMITED
The successful candidate will work Front of House and also assistant the management team with a range of duties.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
15 Oct 2017
25 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Lion Rock Tea Rooms are a retro themed Tea Room/Restaurant specialising in all home cooked food ranging through Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Tea and Main Meals - all cooked on the premises. Lion Rock Tea Rooms have been established for over 100 years and have recently underwent a refit in 2015.
Come and join the Restaurant Team at the only award winning Tea Room in Cheddar Gorge where you will gain experience throughout all areas of the business.
Trading as a Tea Room for over 100 years, Lion Rock is renowned for good quality home cooked fare and a huge range of Loose Tea’s, Barrista Coffee and local ales, ciders and much more, open every day and also on specific evenings for Themed Bistro events.
You will be trained from the ground up on all aspects of the business ranging from leaving you with a firm knowledge of the business and restaurant trade as a whole.
- Working alongside management you will learn to:
- Open and close of the Restaurant,
- Dealing with the day to day running of the front of house,
- Learning how to deliver the best in Customer Service food and hospitality,
- Light social media duties,
- Design and input on Themed Bistro evenings and much much more.
Requirements and prospects
You must have:
- A passion for good service.
- A natural ability to connect with Customers.
- Cheery and generally enjoy people.
- Reasonable English and Maths abilities will help.
- Some social media knowledge may help but not essential.
GCSE English and Maths Grades (A*-C) or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Welcome to Lion Rock Tea Rooms, named after the world famous Lion Rock which we are situated at the base of.
The building, previously three stone mason cottages, dates back to the 16th century.
Established in 1908 the Tea Rooms, originally known as Derricks, has seen many changes, even surviving the Great Flood of Cheddar in 1968, to more recently going on to be certified as one of the best Tea Rooms in the United Kingdom.
NVQ Level 2 in Hospitality
This course will advance the Apprentice’s front of house skills so they can then carry out a full range of tasks.
The Apprentice will spend the majority of this apprenticeship with an employer. Learning takes place in the workplace alongside support from Weston College’s team of expert tutor/assessors.
The course includes core units and additional units selected by both the employer and Apprentice.
Examples of topics covered are:
- Give Customers a Positive impression of self and your organisation
- Deal with arrival of customers
- Store and retrieve information
- Resolve customer service problems
- Maintain and deal with payments
- Deal with communications as part of the reception function
The skills covered will allow an apprentice to perform the role of a Hotel Receptionist.
WESTON COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Weston College
Charlotte Denning 01934 411594 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017