Apprentice Hairdresser Honeycomb Hair
As an Apprentice Hairdresser with HoneyComb in Newport, Shropshire you will work towards a Level 2 qualification in Hairdressing.
Closing date: 03 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
11 Sep 2017
23 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an Apprentice Hairdresser you will undergo a range of duties within the salon, learning about this area of work while working towards a qualification in this area.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Gaining and enhancing your knowledge of hairdressing by practising on models provided by yourself.
- Assist hair stylists in everyday hairdressing tasks.
- Learning to apply hair colour/perming.
- General reception duties to include booking appointments and providing customers with refreshments.
- Ensuring the workplace is kept clean and tidy.
- Any other duties deemed reasonable at the time.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Smart and presentable appearance
No previous experience is required for this role as full training will be provided.
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Passionate about working in this industry
- Punctual and reliable
- Friendly and approachable
No previous qualifications are required for this role.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Hairdressing Level 2
- Functional skills: English Level 1- if required
- Functional skills: Maths Level 1- if required
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
As part of the Hairdressing apprenticeship, the successful applicant will need to attend an induction session plus a literacy/numeracy diagnostic at a County Training centre. In addition learners will attend the County Training Hair Academy once a week for 12 weeks to complete the knowledge aspect of the qualification, followed by a further 12 fortnightly practical sessions.
HEREFORDSHIRE AND LUDLOW COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by County Training
Admissions Team at County Training 0345 6789023 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Sep 2017