Apprentice Recruitment Administrator The Sterling Choice
We are looking for an apprentice to initially provide administrative support- with the long term view of training up to become a Recruitment Consultant after completing the Business Administration Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
28 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for an apprentice to initially support a team of Recruitment Consultants, with the long term view of training up to become a Recruitment Consultant. You’ll handle enquiries from both candidates and clients whilst supporting a team of Recruitment Consultants. Training in the role will include supporting the consultants who will be conducting basic phone interviews, necessary paperwork and sales tasks with a ‘can-do’ attitude. You will eventually be required to work towards company targets.
What will you be expected to do as an Apprentice Recruitment Administrator?
- Development of your specialist market knowledge through award winning, and ongoing training.
- You will be supporting the consulants in sourcing candidates through various methods including Job Board searches, Networking, Advert writing and Headhunting.
- You will support and be trained in the interview process from both client and candidate perspectives in preparation to interview once fully qualified in Business Administration.
- You will eventually be responsible for the development of business through a variety of avenues.
- Regular and on-going coaching from the Senior Recruitment Consultants.
- Our objective is for you to become a full 360 Recruitment Consultant after you have completed your Apprenticeship.
- General clerical tasks (e.g Data entry, document typing, filing, post and document distribution).
- Answering telephone enquiries and routine correspondence (including emails).
- Reviewing office procedures and recommending changes as necessary.
- Making arrangements for meeting and greeting visitors.
- Producing business documents.
- Working alongside the Senior Consultants, helping promote sales to achieve targets and deadlines.
- Always keeping a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Having excellent attention to detail.
- Telephone interviewing candidates.
- Searching of Job Boards for relevant candidates.
- Involvement with social media.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Good organisational skills.
- Accurate attention to detail.
- Ability to work and resolve issues independently under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision but alongside a team.
- Hunger for success.
- Openness and willingness to learn and develop.
- Competitive nature.
- Personal and professional attitude.
- Very mature individual with the desire to learn and to achieve.
- Confident self-starter.
- To be able to exercise judgement over how telephone/email enquiries should be handled.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on your initiative.
- High level of confidentiality at all times.
- Able to work within fast paced environment.
- Strong work ethic where your earnings are in direct correlation to what you put in.
- GCSE, or equivalent, A-C grade maths/English.
- IT Qualification.
Things to consider
Contracted hours are 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday but you will be expected to work above and beyond to meet the requirements of the role.
About the employer
Training will be provided by City College Peterborough. Training is work based meaning you spend 4.5 days a week at placement and 0.5 day a week at college. This includes functional skills classes where applicable
By the end of this apprenticeship you will have:
- NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration.
- Functional Skills Level 1 English, Maths and ICT- if required.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
- Level 2 Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
Business and Administration
City College Peterborough
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City College Peterborough
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017