Apprentice Care Assistant Burton Closes Hall
Apprentice Care Assistant required to deliver personnel care to elderly vulnerable residents.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
28 Sep 2017
22 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting People in our Care, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, and all other aspects of daily living.
- Assist People in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical, emotional and spiritual). Provide attention when needed, whilst ensuring People retain their comfort and dignity.
- Pay particular attention to assisting People who have limited mobility, or physical / learning difficulties, making the best use of aids provided.
- Closely monitor People who may be confused and / or who have behavioural problems.
- Assist in the promotion of continence.
- Assist in the delivery of care for People who are dying or who have a progressive illness. Assist with last offices.
- Observe care planning needs for People and complete written daily records as instructed and in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Assist in framework of social activities by interacting with People and helping them continue with hobbies and activities in the Care Home.
- Answer Nursecall system, giving assistance as required. Answer the door and telephone appropriately. Respond accordingly, and pass on messages promptly.
- Under the supervision and guidance of senior Care Staff, report on the well-being of People.
- Carry out regular checks on People at intervals determined by senior Staff Members.
- Make Visitors feel welcome. Provide refreshments/assistance as and when required.
- Make and change beds, ensuring that rooms are clean and tidy, and commodes are empty, in line with the Care Home’s disposal of waste policy. Ensure the Care Home’s resources are used appropriately.
- Clean and maintain equipment used by People / Relatives e.g. wheelchairs, hearing aids, spectacles etc. Ensure the Care Home is kept clean and tidy, in line with the Company’s attention to detail philosophy.
- If applicable, care for People’s clothing and rooms as named, and ensure that all clothing is recorded and clearly marked.
- Ensure full privacy and dignity is maintained for the dying and the bereaved, in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Assist People who need help during meal times (be aware of swallowing difficulties, dietary requirements etc). Assist with serving of food / drinks as requested / required. Set and clear tables and trays. Wash up as requested / required.
- Escort People travelling to and from the Care Home e.g. on social outings, hospital visits etc.
- Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with People's personal and financial affairs, and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship that exists with People.
- Assist where needed in the rearrangement of people’s bedrooms moving furniture, beds etc having due regard for safe moving and handling techniques at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Hard working.
- Active ability to listen.
- Be empathetic.
- Good at record keeping.
- Ability to deal stressful situations.
- Happy disposition.
- Professionally presented.
- Good common sense.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- No formal qualifications required but atention to detail is needed.
About the employer
- Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 2.
- Functional Skills Maths and English Level 1 (if concessions do not come into play).
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Employer led skills.
- Introduction to care and completion of the care certificate.
- Statutory training including, M&H, Fire, H&S, SOVA, Infection control, Dementia, MCA and DoLS, food Hygiene.
Health and Social Care
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Learning Unlimited
Adam Black 0115 933 8314 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017