Business Administration Apprentice Debriar Ltd
This is an exciting opportunity to work for DEBRIAR LTD undertaking varied duties. You will be working with a hardworking and friendly team.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
31 Oct 2017
21 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The role will include various administration duties with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship. The role will include some of the following areas:
- General administrative duties including typing correspondence by e-mail and letter
- To undertake filing, faxing, record keeping, photocopying and distribution of relevant documents.
- Support to members of the Management Team
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- To deal courteously and efficiently with all visitors.
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries
- Responsible for co-ordinating the post
- Providing refreshments for visitors when required
- Inputting data onto internal systems with a high level of accuracy
- Dealing with stationary/stock levels and reordering as and when appropriate
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
- Dealing with requests for information
- Ensuring that the Policies of the company are observed and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
Requirements and prospects
- Somebody who is a good verbal communicator who has a polite, clear and professional telephone manner.
- Must have a good level of literacy skills.
- IT literate and have a good understanding of Microsoft Packages.
- Required to work to deadlines, with good time management.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Confident in using email and the internet.
- The successful candidate will be organised.
- Willing to work effectively in the team.
- An enthusiastic individual
- Flexible approach to work, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
- Ability to work on own initiative, when required
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual,
- Respond positively to the demands of a varied workload.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development.
- Grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent would be preferred but each person will be considered on their individual merits.
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification.
There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications
Things to consider
The company is located just outside Elland, with limited bus links.
Please check the time it will take for you to travel as well as the cost.
About the employer
Debriar Ltd is an independent foodservice company which has been established for over 30 years supplying the Catering Industry in the North of England with a complete range of ambient dry goods, chilled, frozen, fresh fruit & vegetables, disposable, cleaning and hygiene products as well as a full range of confectionery, soft drinks, snacks and wine.
Our reputation has been built on the service and the attention we give our customers and as we are a family run business this helps in building up long trading relationships. We have a very wide and varied product range which accommodates the majority of our customer’s immediate needs. As an independent company we are also able to source, supply and deliver products of a specialist nature.
We specialise in catering for both the large and small caterer and to this end, we offer flexibility in pack size, order value and delivery cycle. Generally speaking we are flexible enough to accommodate most of the requests we receive.
NVQ Diploma Business Administration – The NVQ qualification starts on date of employment - Evidence is gathered and assessed in the workplace.
- Maths Level 1 then 2
- English Level 1 then 2
- ICT Level 1
- Exemptions may apply if GCSE Grade C or
- equivalent has been achieved.
- You will be required to attend college one day per week for this training.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Following applying for this vacancy the first stage, after your initial application, will be to attend an interview with Nichola Barnes at Kirklees College, Huddersfield. If you do not attend this interview your application will not progress any further.
For any further information on this vacancy please contact Nichola Barnes at Kirklees College on E-mail: email@example.com
or Tel: 01484 437066/07788390025
NO CONTACT should be made with the employer at this initial stage, the College is more than happy to help you with any queries you may have.
Candidates will be asked to complete a literacy & numeracy assessment as part of their application.
The salary may be negotiable. This will depend on experience.
The salary may also increase after a probationary period, if the budget allows, following successful employment and production of the required work towards achieving the qualifications towards the apprenticeship training programme.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017