This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career within the technology industry, providing technical support to businesses for their IT and telephone systems.
1st and 2nd line technical support apprentice
Start Technology Limited
Closing date: 14 Jul 2017
Monday to Friday Start time: 08:45 Finish time: 17:00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
31 Jul 2017
22 Mar 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
This is a great opportunity for an apprentice to develop a career within technology, working for a business that provides IT and communications services to its clients across the UK.
You will learn and deliver the skills required to provide 1st and 2nd line technical support to customers – being that first point of contact via the telephone and email to resolve problems and ensuring customer satisfaction at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide an initial point of contact to customers who may require assistance or technical support with their technology and communication systems
- Communication with clients in person, by telephone or electronically as required, keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Liaise with third party suppliers to arrange services for customers and dealing with service affecting issues as required
- Administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, responding accordingly through service tickets.
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure
- Assist the team in the installation and configuration of complex IT systems; including computers, telephones and telephone systems, networks and connectivity to the Internet.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception and satisfaction
- Timely turnaround of customer requests and faults within agreed service levels
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalogue and how it relates to customer’s needs.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for entering time and expenses as they occur
- Serve as liaison with other teams within the business for supporting the Operations team
- Keeping customer records accurate
- Develop and maintain the highest professional standard and courtesy to all clients at all times
- Undertake any other tasks required to ensure the profitability and efficiency of the company in the hours necessary
Requirements and prospects
The successful candidate will need:
- To have a strong analytical skills
- To have a methodical approach with an attention to detaiL
- To have good numeracy and literacy skills
- To have good attention to detail
- To have good written and verbal communication skills
- To have good IT skills with experience in using Microsoft Office packages
- To be organised and capable of managing your own projects
The successful candidate will need:
- To have a pro-active approach to work
- To have personal drive and energy
- To have an enquiring mind
- To have a determined, reliable, responsible and mature attitude to work
- To have evidence of an interest and aptitude in IT
- To be a fast learner
- To be polite in your approach to customers and colleagues
- To be responsible and reliable
To apply for this position, you will need:
To have 4 GCSE’s (to include English, Maths & IT) at grades A*-C or equivalent Level 2 qualifications
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship the candidate can look forward to continued employment with Start Technology, developing their knowledge and skill set to take their career forward in the role of IT support.
Things to consider
Telford College are managing this vacancy on behalf of this company. As part of the process of applications you will be invited into Telford College to attend a screening session with the Placement officer. Training on the Apprenticeships Programme for 16 to 18 year olds is a priority and fully-funded by Government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age is part funded, with employers expected to make a part or full contribution. The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) for apprentices from the 1st October 2016 is £3.40 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. The new NMW applies to time working plus time spent training as this is also part of the Apprenticeship. Anyone not covered by this age category above will be entitled to the NMW appropriate for their age. Please note that the apprentice minimum wage is increasing to a minimum of £3.50 an hour on the 1st April 2017. As part of this role you will be expected to speak to customers you may have never met or spoken to before. You will need to have confidence in being able to speak and advise customers on the telephone and may have to deal with situations that need diffusing. This post is based on Battlefield Enterprise Park, Shrewsbury so please make sure you have researched how you will get to work before applying.
About the employer
Start Technology is an established and leading IT company in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. The business serves the West Midlands and throughout the UK with IT support, IT services and business telephone solutions. The business currently employs a team of 7 in offices on Battlefield Enterprise in Shrewsbury.
As part of the apprenticeship the candidate will be working towards a workplace training plan within their organisation as well as working towards the apprenticeship framework components with Telford College. The candidate will achieve the following qualifications:
- NVQ Certificate in IT Professional Competence at Level 3
- Certificate in ICT Principles and Systems
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
This apprenticeship will involve day release to Telford College.
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
TELFORD COLLEGE OF ARTS & TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Telford College of Arts & Technology
The Apprenticeship Team at TCAT 01952 642452 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 14 Jul 2017