Care Assistant Apprentice Laurel Bank Residential Home
As a Care Assistant you will show warmth and support to our residents and their families; helping to promote independence and dignity and positively enhancing the lives of individuals in our care. We are looking for a committed and passionate carers who are willing to go the extra mile to ensure our clients receive the care they require.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
14 Sep 2017
20 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As a Care Assistant you will show warmth and support to our residents and their families; helping to promote independence and dignity and positively enhancing the lives of individuals in our care.
We are looking for a committed and passionate carers who are willing to go the extra mile to ensure our clients receive the care they require.
Some of the duties will include:
- Assisting with washing and dressing residents
- Helping Residents with toileting
- Serving meals and assisting those who may not be able to feed themselves
- Full confidentiality regarding residents personal data
- Completing care plans throughout the shift
Some of the specific qualities we look for in candidates include:
- Caring Nature
- Someone who is comfortable when it comes to personal care for both men and women
- Good interpretation skills e.g. communication and listening
- An outgoing personality with the ability to keep calm under pressure, reliable and sociable
Experience is preferred but not necessary as you will be working towards your L2 or L3 Health and Social Care Apprenticeship.
You must have good interpretation skills e.g. communication and listening and an outgoing personality with the ability to keep calm under pressure, reliable and sociable.
Requirements and prospects
- Good interpretation skills
- Good communication and listening skills
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Outgoing personality
GCSE Maths and English Grade A-D (or equivalent).
About the employer
Laurel Bank Residential Home
- L2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults)
- L2 Certificate in Preparing to work in Adult Social Care
- L1 Maths Functional Skill
- L1 English Functional Skill
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities certificate
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Health and Social Care
THE OLDHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Oldham College
Andrea Kearns 0161 785 4072 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2017