Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship Northumberland College
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a lucky candidate to undertake a level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship for Northumberland College, based at the Kirkley Hall campus.
Closing date: today
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
25 Aug 2017
11 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Responsibility for providing a high level of administrative support and is a busy and varied role requiring an organised administrator with good communication skills
- Dealing with curriculum requests, respond to enquiries (both in person and by telephone)
- Undertaking administrative tasks, including word processing, filing etc.
- Assisting in the operation of the Kirkley Hall Office – including telephone, mail, fax, filing, admin duties and other communications
- Personally liaising with staff and students and deal with enquiries in the campus administrative office
- Acting as a representative for Kirkley Hall when required at information events
- Maintaining efficient and effective filing and recording systems (administrative and financial)
- Maintaining accuracy with stock/cash controls
- Any other duties requested by curriculum staff that may benefit the smooth operation of Kirkley Hall Campus
- Processing mail in and out of the campus
- Being prepared to work flexible times & days, as required.
Requirements and prospects
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, but also able to work well as a team with other members of staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Good telephone manner
- Professional and confident when dealing with customers
- Good knowledge of IT systems
- Ability to follow procedures
- Able to work as part of a team and on own
- Smart appearance, good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good time keeping
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Have a flexible approach and a 'can do' attitude
GCSE grade A* - C or equivalent in Mathematics, English and IT (or equivalent).
Experience or a qualification in business administration would be an advantage.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2/3 NVQ in Business and Administration
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- In-house training with employer
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northumberland College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: today