Engineering Apprentice 3T RPD Ltd
3T RPD has recently expanded its Newbury operations to meet worldwide demand with further growth planned over the next 5 years. As part of our continued development we have 2 great opportunities for an Engineering Apprentice. You’ll learn various skills within the production teams prior to the successful candidate specialising in one area.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
11 Sep 2017
24 Mar 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
3T RPD has recently expanded its Newbury UK multi million pound operations to meet worldwide demand with further infrastructure continued to be implemented over the next five years as part of an ambitious growth plan.
As part of our development we have two vacancies for engineering apprentices to join our talented 3T team.
These roles will sample various skills within the production teams prior to the successful candidate specialising in one area.
The apprentice program is a key valued part of 3T growth plan.
To train as an engineering apprentice technician, to undertake a structured training program within an additive manufacturing environment
• Observing, learning and understanding a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
• Training will incorporate but not limited to hand fitting/finishing, quality inspection, manual machining, CNC multi axis machining, modelling, Additive Manufacturing Set Up and CAD design for AM optimisation.
• To be able to demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team, to undertake tasks as instructed and increasing overall contribution to the department.
• To undertake and successfully complete suitable college courses throughout the training period, achieving the academic grades and practical skills in order to entitle yearly progression.
• Learning and understanding the importance of Health and Safety within an engineering environment.
• To learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair.
• To maintain a logbook and work based evidence over the duration of the apprenticeship period, recording projects that have been undertaken and the skills learned.
• To maintain and to ensure general good housekeeping of the workplace.
The starting salary for this Apprenticeship is £240.50 per week, however this will be reviewed on successful completion of each year;
- Year Two (on completion of year one): £288.46 per week
- Year Three (on completion of year two): £336.54 per week
Requirements and prospects
- Good engineering knowledge with a methodical mentality.
- Good communication skills and wiliness to learn.
- Good team player but will self-motivated to work alone.
- GCSE Grade C above for English & Maths
- Minimum successful completion of first year engineering course to either Level 2 or 3 standards.
Things to consider
About the employer
On-the-job training will be provided to achieve all aspects of the role requirements. Plus, on-going support will be offered by your direct Line Manager and your Newbury College Assessor to achieve the Apprenticeship.
The Apprenticeship will include;
- Competence Based: Extended NVQ Diploma Level 3 in Technical Support
- Knowledge Based: Technical Certificate (Edexcel BTEC National Diploma in Engineering L3)
- Functional Skills in Maths, English & ICT (All Level 2)
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
Delivery of the Apprenticeship will be mainly in the work place with 1 day attendance at Newbury College for the taught element of the programme.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newbury College
Business Team, Newbury College 01635 845229 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017