Catering Apprentice Trinity Academy Halifax
To support the Restaurant and Deputy Restaurant Manager to undertake, and carry out specific Kitchen and Restaurant area tasks. To carry out certain technical and administrative duties to ensure smooth and safe running of the Kitchen and Restaurant areas.
Closing date: 21 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
27 Sep 2017
17 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Work as part of the kitchen team to take supervision in the form of receiving instructions, training, guiding, leading and assessment to ensure that quality food provision is delivered daily.
- Preparation and presentation of vegetable, salads, fruit, sweet and savoury sauces, milk puddings, beverages, sandwiches etc and cooking of same if appropriate.
- Serve meals, in accordance with portion controls
- Set up and clear Restaurant dining and service area, including washing up, packing and uploading containers as required.
- Clean the kitchen and dining premises, furniture and equipment as required to ensure standards of hygiene are maintained, e.g. boilers, deep fat fryers, walls and floors etc.
- To use all the equipment and machinery safety and efficiently after instruction.
- To report to the Restaurant or Deputy Restaurant Manager in charge, any problems that may arise from customer dissatisfaction.
- Assist with simple cooking and reconstitution of food activities.
- To operate the tills and when required, counting of floats and takings is required.
- To be available, if required, for emergency feeding and special, or evening functions.
Other Specific Duties:
- To continue personal professional development as required.
- Attend staff and other meetings and participate in staff training and development events as required.
- To actively engage in the performance review process.
- All support staff may be used to perform appropriate duties as and when required by the academy, commensurate with the salary grade of that post if it is higher than the employee’s current salary.
- To work in the best interests of the Academy, students, parents and staff.
- To adhere to the Academy’s policies and procedures with particular reference to Child Protection, Equal Opportunities, Teaching and Learning and Health and Safety.
- To work flexibly, including some evening work, and to travel, as required, to meet the needs of the role.
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified. Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
This job description is current at the date shown, but, in consultation with you, may be changed by the Principal to reflect or anticipate changes in the job commensurate with the grade and job title.
Requirements and prospects
- Work as an effective team member and apply given instructions.
- Able to apply written and verbal instructions to equipment.
- Practical skills, such as cooking, food preparation.
- Able to complete log books, records, such as H&S checks.
- Able to organise, plan and complete tasks.
- Able to work in a school environment, around children and young people.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Enjoyment in working with young people and familie.
- An excellent record of attendance and punctuality.
- Prioritise and manage own time effectively
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills (GCSE Maths at grade C or above is desirable).
- Catering and Kitchen experience is desirable
About the employer
The successful candidate will work towards a level 2 qualification.
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Calderdale College
Holly Webster 01422 418441 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 21 Sep 2017