L3 Hairdressing Apprentice Kersey Hairdressing
General duties will include: Cutting and colouring hair. Blow drying and styling hair, meeting and greeting clients, Reception duties and cleaning rota duties.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
16 Mar 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Kersey Hairdressing is acclaimed in the hairdressing world for the high standards of workmanship and the quality of care given to its clients.
Our highly qualified, friendly staff constantly update their skills and our ethos is all about giving great customer service and gorgeous hair.
We are currently looking to recruit a candidate with a Level 2 qualification to this Level 3 Apprenticeship role.
The job role will include:
- Carrying out Level 3 Hairdressing (cutting, colouring, styling).
- Meeting and greeting clients.
- Making and serving drinks.
- Reception duties and cleaning rota duties.
- Training will be given on a weekly basis in the work place; this may follow the college programme. Monthly or weekly meetings/ appraisals may be given.
- A professional approach to this industry is paramount as interaction with the general public is on-going.
- The suitable candidate must show passion for the industry.
Requirements and prospects
- Level 2 skills in cutting, colouring and styling hair.
- Willingness to learn.
- Interest in the industry.
- Level 2 Hairdressing qualification required.
- GCSEs in Maths and English Language at grades A* – C or equivalent qualifications preferred, however functional skills can be gained in college if these cannot be produced.
Things to consider
About the employer
- All aspects of NVQ Level 3 Hairdressing will be trained both at college (one day per week) and in salon.
- Functional skills in Maths and English if required.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Blackburn College
Work based learning team 01254 292593
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017