Administration Apprenticeship University of Southampton
To provide an effective, efficient and flexible administrative service to support the Student Life-Cycle for the University’s Faculty of Social, Human and Mathematical Sciences
Closing date: 04 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2017
15 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To learn and apply a good working understanding of policies, processes and systems for all administrative teams within FSHMS to ensure that activities are delivered accurately, efficiently and by agreed deadlines, to University quality standards.
- To provide advice and guidance to beneficiaries and stakeholders on established policies, applying knowledge of systems and processes. To act as a filter for enquiries/issues/ problems, escalating those that cannot be resolved to the senior manager when appropriate.
- With supervision, to be flexible and adaptable in the approach to work routines to support the delivery of a set of functional activities. To build and maintain knowledge of the business processes and share best practice with colleagues.
- To apply agreed customer-focused service standards to beneficiaries and stakeholders
- Any other duties as allocated by the line manager following consultation with the post holder, e.g. support for Graduation ceremonies
Requirements and prospects
- Capacity to organise data and schedule activities so that they run smoothly.
- Capacity to manage own time effectively and deliver outputs consistent with the standards expected in terms of productivity and quality.
- Ability to acquire and apply good working knowledge of administrative processes, procedures and systems.
- Ability to acquire clear understanding of the quality and standards required for the delivery of student data and processes in a customer-focused organisation.
- Contribute to team behaviours and interact effectively and sensitively with peers
- Be flexible and adaptable in approach to work routines, be able to adapt quickly to change; be open to working with different teams/individuals as the business demands.
- Capacity to speak to individuals and explain processes clearly and concisely; and to write in a clear and factually/grammatically accurate way.
- Demonstrate confidence and positive commitment to the University’s ways of working
- Maintain receptiveness to new ideas and approaches
- Engage in appropriate training and staff development to ensure knowledge and skills are always up to date.
- Commitment to the integrity and confidentiality of all relevant data and processes.
- Well-organised with excellent attention to detail
- Patient and tolerant
- Flexibility to take leave outside peak times for the team.
- Flexibility to undertake other duties as required by relevant colleagues
A good level of maths and English GCSE or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Business Admin Framework to include:
Level 2 Diploma in Business Admin
Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT
Employment Rights and Responsibilities
You will be required to attend off the job training as and when required.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by HTP Training
Nikki Cruttenden 02392 374752 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 04 Sep 2017