Marketing Apprentice Cobham Plc
The role offers the opportunity to work within the Group Marketing Communications team, supporting the Senior Group Marketing Communications Manager by completing projects that facilitate the marketing communications strategy.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
03 Sep 2017
15 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This role will be split between Digital Marketing, Branding and Event Planning.
- Project manage a number of development projects on Cobham.com website
- Project planning
- Responsible for time, cost and quality planning and reporting
- Will act as the main point of contact for those integrations
- Will work with internal members of Cobham responsible for those websites, as well as the website development team that is split internally and externally to capture requirements and ensure they are developed into the site
- Assist with social media channel development
- Assist with other communications projects that require digital support, such as Vision and Values Campaign, events and exhibitions
- Photography and videography as required – includes editing
- Assist in obtaining final approval for a brand revision with members of the Group Executive
- Assist in managing the development of tools, templates and guidelines ready for the rollout of these changes. Including developing an eLearning course, helping to write the guidelines and testing the templates
- Help define and articulate the brand strategy for Cobham.
Events and Exhibitions
- Assist the Marketing Communications Manager with the forward planning of events
- Meeting planning
- Minutes and actions capture
- Stand design/layout
- Creative input for stand graphics
- Possible attendance to some of these events
- Support the build-up and break down process during the construction stage of the event
- On stand support including reception desk manning, stand runner, customer liaison
- Post event analysis
- Conduct lessons learnt reviews
- Conduct survey of attendees both internally and externally.
Requirements and prospects
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint, is essential.
- Some experience of Adobe suite is beneficial but not required
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- High attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel internally, possibly internationally
- Accurate keyboard skills
- Knowledge of using social media
- Strong customer service
- Confident telephone manner and interaction with people
- Ability to take information, listen to instructions and ask questions
- Good standard of written English including spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team as well as on your own initiative
- A passion for all aspects of marketing
- Genuine interest in working for Cobham Plc
- Motivated and resourceful
- Reliable and flexible, willing to get the job done
- Friendly and approachable
- A professional outlook
- Keen to learn and interested
GCSE English, Maths Science A-C or equivalent
3 A Levels or equivalent
You must be qualified to A-level standard or Level 2 Business Administration, have excellent communication skills and be prepared for a challenge.
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of Marketing.
Level 3 NVQ in marketing by assessment in the workplace.
Subjects covered in the course include market research and analysis, designing marketing resources, implementing marketing plans, using social media and evaluating marketing strategies.
You will receive in-house training on the job.
BOURNEMOUTH AND POOLE COLLEGE, THE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bournemouth & Poole College
Sarah Barnett 01202 205546 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017