Apprentice Flexographic Printer, Annesley Surepak Limited
Working within a busy manufacturing department your key duties will be to assist the Printers with their day-to-day duties within the Print Dept.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
15 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Vision Apprentices are working with Surepak Limited to recruit an Apprentice Flexographic Printer Apprentice to work in their busy and growing Annesley Office.
Surepak Ltd is a packaging solution manufacturers for the Retail industry. Polypropylene film and bags, full color printing facilities and in house design specialists. They work with employers from all sectors from large national retails organisations to small bespoke orders.
Working within a busy manufacturing department, your key duties will be to assist the Printers with their day-to-day duties within the Print Dept. You will learn the skills to become a valued member of the team whilst undergoing a comprehensive on-the-job training programme, to include all aspects associated with flexographic printing on our Windmöller & Hölscher 6-colour printing press.
Hours of Work
37.5 hours per week. Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Plate mounting and photopolymer plate management.
- Ink mixing & colour management to current pantone & Industry standards.
- Stock control & purchasing of all consumables.
- Machine management, to include job make-ready & running.
- Working within the current BRC standards for food packaging.
Adhering to Surepak’s H&S policies & procedures in relation to the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
Requirements and prospects
- Understanding of Health & Safety at work
- Experience of production work
- Reliable & good time keeping skills
- Attention to detail & accuracy
- Excellent co-ordination
- Able to work to specific instructions
- Maths Level 2 (GCSE A-C or equivalent )
- English Level 2 (GCSE A-C or equivalent )
Things to consider
About the employer
West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
- An apprenticeship allows you to study towards a recognised qualification whilst in an employed position and usually includes; Job-specific training through working alongside experienced staff - Intermediate qualification.
- A competency based qualification to demonstrate you have the skills required to carry out the job. These are assessed by breaking down the contents of the jobs within your specific occupation into tasks called units of competences and will be measured through observations, assessments and witness testimony.
- A technical qualification that includes theoretical knowledge required in an occupation and underpins the knowledge required for the competencies.
- Functional Skills (Literacy, Numeracy and IT) Dependent on your prior attainment you may need to be assessed in a literacy, numeracy and ICT skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successfully completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR).
- Possible Enhancements.
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
01623 627 191
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017