Business Administration and Customer Service Apprenticeship Taxassist Accountants
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a wide range of customer service and office skills, including marketing and use of social media. The post holder will be required to work flexibly, in a rapidly developing office environment. It may be necessary to assist other staff from time to time.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
04 Nov 2017
14 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The key duties of the post are as follows:
- Answer all telephone calls and reception enquiries in a timely, courteous and efficient manner and accurately log information on all calls received
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between clients/visitors/enquirers and staff and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions
- Make and record accurately client appointments
- Manage, organise and update relevant data using database applications and CRM
- Set up and maintain filing systems as and when required as works progress
- Typing – Word processing skills for general preparation of letters/forms that the Manager or colleagues will require
- Arrange meetings, book and prepare meeting rooms and provide/arrange hospitality
- Maintain office supplies including stationery, literature, printer cartridges
- Support the manager in updating publicity and all marketing activities including digital and social media
- Prepare literature for display and prospective customers e.g. welcome packs
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
- Other routine clerical tasks as assigned
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility
Plus other duties which may be reasonable expected within the role.
Requirements and prospects
You will be the first point of contact for our customers so you must have a good telephone manner and be comfortable communicating with people at all levels, including welcoming people at the office.
- General IT skills – MS word, excel, email etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisation & time management
- Able to work on your own as well as part of the team (given guidance)
Plenty of common sense
- Team player
- Careful attention to detail
- Organised and efficient
- Confident communicator at all levels
- Warm/friendly personality
- Customer focused
Minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade A* -D or equivalent including English and maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
What does the apprenticeship involve?
97% of employers say that effective administration is essential to their business. Business and Administration apprentices can work in a wide variety of challenging job roles and sectors. They learn a broad range of administrative skills to ensure that businesses are productive.
This apprenticeship focuses on developing the sense of responsibility, accuracy and attention to detail that is required for administrators and their companies to be successful. Apprentices will learn skills such as how to type up board meeting documents, put financial information together in spreadsheets, send the daily post or fax and photocopy confidential documents. Training will also be provided on diary and meeting management as well as how to work effectively within an office-based environment.
At Level 2: Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Business & Administration At Level 3: Level 3 Diploma in Business & Administration Both levels: Functional skills in Maths, English and ICT, Employee Rights and Responsibilities, Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
• Creating business documents • Using IT in a business environment • Diary management • Arranging and co-ordinating meetings • Handling post • Copying and managing documents • Arranging business travel
Business and Administration
ABINGDON AND WITNEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Abingdon & Witney College
Zainab Mirmalek 01235 216216
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017