Nursery Assistant Apprentice The Lloyd Williamson School
An exciting opportunity to begin your career with Parenta Training, working in an early years setting. Become an apprentice in one of our fun and friendly nurseries working with children aged from birth to five years gaining experience while you learn.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
14 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Parenta have many opportunities available, and offer you the chance to ‘Earn as you Learn’ whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification. The best part? There are no classes to attend!
We are currently hiring candidates to work in a nursery setting.
The moment your journey begins as an apprentice:
- You become an employed member of staff
- You will be paid an hourly rate
- You will work towards gaining a full qualification – without having to attend classroom based lessons
The apprenticeship will last a minimum of 12 months. You will be working towards a Level 2 or 3 diploma in Childcare.
Throughout your role you are not alone. Parenta offer you full training, support, guidance and are here to help you progress your career. You even have a personal assessor/tutor assigned to you from the moment you start your journey as a modern apprentice.
Your role will include:
- Working with children between the ages of 0-5 years, organising activities, being pro-active with the help and care carried out within the early years teaching sector.
- Assisting and meeting the personal/emotional needs of individual children – Changing nappies, feeding, caring and establishing a relationship with children.
- Work (under supervision) providing all aspects of care/support to children, ensuring they take part with day- to- day learning and play activities.
- Ensure that the setting is safe, clean and well presented.
- Collaborate with colleagues ensuring the highest standards of work are carried out and are provided throughout your role in a positive manner.
- To contribute to a high quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
- Attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas.
- Be able to understand and implement the setting’s confidentiality policy.
- Contribute towards an effective and supportive team environment.
Throughout this role, you will gain extensive knowledge and experience within the working environment which will set you up for a great career upon completion.
This will hopefully lead to permanent employment within the early learning year’s sector or even continue to the next level, undertaking further training.
Ideally you will:
- Be passionate about caring for children
- Have an outgoing, bubbly, motivated attitude
- Be a committed, punctual and reliable individual
Requirements and prospects
- You will need good communication skills and be comfortable with creative thinking.
- It is helpful if you are confident with children, calm, and organised.
- A willingness to learn
No GCSE (or equivalent) minimum requirement.
Things to consider
About the employer
LWS Nursery is part of the journey your child will make through Lloyd Williamson School. We start with babies from four months old, but toddlers and young children can join our nursery at any time. Our sessions are both part time and full time to support working parents as well as those who want their children to benefit from a nursery setting. We also offer term-time-only places as well as all-year-round. Daily sessions are divided into: morning, afternoon or all day and we open at 7:30am and close at 6:00pm. Morning and afternoon sessions can either include the home cooked lunch provided by the nursery, or not. Parents provide a morning fruit snack and we provide water and milk to drink.
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Mathematics, English, and ICT
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Work based learning
Children and Young People's Workforce
PARENTA TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Parenta Group
Julie Allen 0800 002 9242
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017