Software Degree Apprenticeship - 10746 Science and Technology Facilities Council
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and vibrant environment. Here, you get to earn and learn. Apply now!
Closing date: 09 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
16 Sep 2017
14 Mar 2017
Degree Level Apprenticeship
Responsibilities of the Apprentice – In this role, you will:
- Support us in the development of new software and systems
- Engage fully with the off-site and on-site training programme
- Communicate and work with team members, users, scientists, engineers, and management including writing documentation for technical and non-technical users
- Take an active role in both technical and nontechnical meetings
- Work independently at times and ask questions if unsure
- Take responsibility for ensuring your work does what is needed and meets the quality criteria specified
- Analyse evidence and data to solve problems
- Help deploy solutions to production and help provide support after release
- Use a variety of tools and technologies used by the teams to develop software and manage computer systems
- Present a topic to a small group of people and answer questions
- Participate in the wider department and Apprentice training program
Requirements and prospects
You will ideally have:
- Enthusiasm for IT and knowledge of computers/programming
- An organised approach
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- initiative, especially regarding learning new things
Someone with an enthusiastic, professional attitude and a commitment to learning new skills.
You will ideally have gained or be on track to gain 3 A levels at grade C or above or a BTEC Level 3 in Computing (or similar subject) or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Science and Technology Facilities Council
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our Software and Web Development Degree programme blends online learning, face-to-face workshops and on-the-job experience to transform apprentices into highly-skilled graduate developers and programmers.
Offering apprentices a degree without the debt!
The qualifications gained:
- FdSc in Computing from the University of Roehampton
- BSc (Hons) in Digital and Technology Solutions from the University of Roehampton
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by QA Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 09 Sep 2017