Apprentice Logistics Assistant Momentum Services Ltd
MOMENTUM SERVICES LTD are looking for two Business Administration Apprentices to join their team who are dedicated to taking care of passengers aboard the Eurostar. Successful apprentices will be London office based.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
13 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is a development opportunity that will allow the successful candidate to be trained on basic ordering food, beverage and equipment for London and Paris departures, as part of Eurostar.
The key tasks will include:
- Deal with passenger figures forecasts and place orders with the CAV for all food, drink and equipment requirements
- Ensure that On Board Service teams have all the required equipment upon each departure
- Maintain a database of passenger figures for forecasting and monitoring purposes as well as stock movements, and special meal requests
- Study, manage and answer feedback from reports and logs to crew or relevant departments
- Manage orders and inform relevant departments on loading and special events
- Ability to efficiently undertake project work
- Monitor and take ownership in reducing wastage by making the appropriate recommendations
This is an admin job which needs a full knowledge of excel, excellent communication skills as it requires data input, orders by phone and emails, stocks handling.
Requirements and prospects
The essential skills for the role include:
- A strong knowledge of ICT programmes including Word, Excel and Access.
- Fluency in both French and English.
- Being able to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- The ability to work alongside a team so that tasks are completed to a high standard. This will involve communicating effectively both face to face and via the written Word.
- The ability to multi task.
- Confidence in making suggestions.
- Interpersonal skills such as providing the best customer service skills.
- The ability to problem solve and use your own initiative.
The personal qualities that are essential for the role:
- Excellent organisation skills.
- A willingness to learn the job thoroughly.
- Reliability to complete the whole apprenticeship and do the job as well as possible.
- Able to find solutions for project work and unexpected situations.
- Attention to detail
The essential qualifications for the role include Maths and English GCSEs at Grade C or above, or equivalent.
It is desirable that applicants have qualifications in both English Language and French, preferably at an A Level standard.
It is also desirable that applicants have a GCSE in ICT at grade C or above, or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration
- Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths, English, and ICT (exempt if already have GCSE equivalent C+ grade)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Business and Administration
SUSSEX DOWNS COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sussex Downs College
Katie Parris 030 300 39871
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017