Childcare Apprenticeship L2 Bumbles Nursery
Childcare assistant required for a friendly nursery based in the Maghull nursery. This vacancy is on a bus route to a local individual and you will be working within a team helping to support 0-5 year olds in childcare.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
13 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties to include:
- Working with children, babies and parents
- Being helpful and supportive of staff already working there
- Completing any necessary paperwork
- Being aware of different personalities within children and how to be flexible with working with each individual
- Look after and interacting with children
- Use of common sense
- Cleaning up at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Good time keeper
- Ability to use initiative
- Able to carry out daily tasks when required
- Work as part of a team
- Work independently
- Caring and ability to adapt
- Uses own common sense
- Confident and approachable
- It is vital that the successful candidate has a good track record of time keeping and reliability
- Smart and professional appearance
- Has a caring nature
- Willing to learn
- Willing to clean up after children and around the nursery
- Be involved in general day to day activities
- 5 GCSE grades A*-C - including Maths and English or equivalent are desirable but not essential.
- DBS however the employer has to re-check and apply for another DBS once your are employed.
Things to consider
About the employer
Children and Young People's Workforce intermediate level 2 in Child Care plus Functional Skills in Numeracy and Literacy as well as a Technical Certificate, all delivered within the workplace.
Children and Young People's Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
Jules Westbrook firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see the link below to Travel line so that you can get an idea of how long it may take you to travel to work. http://www.traveline.info/
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017