Apprentice Bricklayer J LOCKETT LIMITED
Established time served bricklayer working on large construction sites, requires 1 prospective apprentice. With projects in various locations the apprentice could be from the Northwich Area.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2017
10 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Established time served bricklayer working on large construction sites, requires 1 prospective apprentice.
- With projects in various locations the apprentice could be from the Northwich Area. It would be useful if the prospective apprentice had transport.
- A requirement to work as an apprentice bricklayer will be to pass a health and safety test and apply for a CSCS card.
- The company is looking for an enthusiastic candidate, with a good work ethic and first class timekeeping. A first class opportunity for the right calibre candidates.
- The successful apprentices would be required to attend Build Skill Plus the specialist bricklaying apprenticeship centre based in Winsford in Cheshire once a week.
Your duties could include:
- General building work
- Mixing mortar
- Checking measurements
- Laying brick and blocks
- Loading out materials
- Unloading deliveries
- Keeping the work area tidy and safe
- Pointing brickwork
Requirements and prospects
- Enthusiastic and motivated to learn the trade of bricklaying.
- Needs to be reliable and have first class timekeeping.
- Good communication skills
- Committed to study towards the apprenticeship qualifications needed.
- Stay with the company to complete the apprenticeship and move onto a level 3 apprenticeship if required.
- No formal qualifications are required.
Things to consider
About the employer
J LOCKETT LIMITED
- Level 2 Diploma and NVQ in Trowel Occupations
- Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying
- Functional Skills Level 1 or 2 in Maths & English
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities Personal
- Learning and Thinking Skills
TOTAL PEOPLE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Total People Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017