Software Development Apprentice Canddi
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for a Software Developer Apprentice based in the Northern Quarter area of Manchester, with offices which are very easy to access via local bus routes and also tram stops.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
17 Nov 2017
10 Mar 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Some of your duties and resposnsibilites will include:
- Working in a development team of 5 - you'll be producing production quality code
- Full training in git-flow, AWS, frameworks (including Backbone, Bootstrap, React, React Native) will be provided
Requirements and prospects
- Desire and motivation to build software
- Continual learning
- Able to work as part of a team and on your own initiative.
- Attention to detail.
- Hardworking and motivated.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- 5 GCSE at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths),
Things to consider
About the employer
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive seven weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
Estio training also offer the following optional units:
- Microsoft MTA - Networking Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA – Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Faye Brown 01133500333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017