Apprentice Chef (Level 3 - Professional Cookery) Holbrook House
Holbrook House is looking for a motivated apprentice chef to join their team. Using the finest local ingredients and a genuine passion for great taste, our award-winning Head Chef Paul Hudson and his highly-skilled team create the unrivalled gourmet food for which Holbrook is renowned.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
09 Mar 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
As part of your apprenticeship working within the team at Holbrook House you will gain skills in:
- Preparation and cooking of complex hot and cold dishes for the restaurant menu
- Completion of kitchen documentation
- Food Safety and Health and Safety
- Kitchen opening and closing procedures
- Assisting with private event catering
- Assisting with development of menu for restaurant
Requirements and prospects
- Knowledge of food and a keen interest in cooking and the hospitality industry.
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to work using own initiative
- A strong communicator
- A team player
- Committed to achieving good standards of food hygiene.
Grade A*- C GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
As part of this Apprenticeship you will undertake the following:
Professional Cookery Diploma Level 3
Mandatory units within the Diploma:
- Unit 302- Develope productive working relationships with colleagues
- Unit 304 - Maintain the health,hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Unit 305 - Maintain the healthhygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Unit 203 – Maintain food safety when storing, preparing & cooking food
- Plus optional units, such as Prepare poultry for complex dishes, cook and finish complex poultry dishes, complete kitchen documentation, prepare, cook and finish complex pastry products
- English, Maths and ICT Functional Skills (if required)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Caroline Helyar 01935 845399 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017