Apprentice Nursery Nurse EAST LEAKE VILLAGE DAY NURSERY LTD
Apprentice Nursery Nurse required to work in a Private Day Nursery environment caring for children aged 0 to 8 years.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
08 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Work as part of a team ensuring all care needs of the children are met.
- To ensure all children within our care can learn and achieve in a safe and stimulating environment.
- Assist staff to ensure children’s individual care plans and routines are met.
- Plan and provide stimulating activities to enhance children’s individual learning and development. These activities should also be tailored to meet children’s individual interests and linked back to the Statutory Framework the EYFS.
- Interact positively with children, parents/carers (and additional family members as apt), staff members, visitors and external agencies.
- Make a positive contribution towards new activity idea’s appropriate with the age and stage of children’s development and the theme of focus.
- Make a positive contribution toward displays.
- Carry out domestic duties to ensure the smooth running of the nursery.
- Daily communications with including the greeting of and end of day feedback to children and their parent/carers.
- Follow and uphold the policies and procedures of the nursery.
- Follow and uphold the statutory framework EYFS.
- Gain knowledge from experienced staff using them as positive role models.
Requirements and prospects
- Enthusiastic approach and willingness to learn.
- Positive communication skills.
- To be able to demonstrate empathy and warmth.
- A good work ethic and sense of pride in their role.
- Desire to achieve high standards.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Minimum of GCSE Grade D in English Language and Maths or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
EAST LEAKE VILLAGE DAY NURSERY LTD
- Children and Young People's Workforce qualification at level 2
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT at level 1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook
Children and Young People's Workforce
ACCESS TRAINING (EAST MIDLANDS) LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Access Training
Helen Musgrove 0115 9596734 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017