Apprentice Engineer Worlifts Ltd
Apprentice Engineer to accompany qualified engineers and assist with the installation and maintenance of lifting equipment.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
21 Aug 2017
12 Sep 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Apprentice Engineer required to accompany and assist qualified engineers whilst carrying
out on-site and in-house services of the following:
- Overhead runway beams and swing jibs - testing, installation and repairs.
- Hydraulic and mechanical lifting equipment - testing, installation and repairs.
- Power tools, hand arm vibration testing, repairs
- Calibrations of manual and hydraulic torque wrench equipment and repairs
- High pressure testing of Bolt Tensions equipment, repairs.
- Fall protection equipment - installation, testing and repairs.
- Fabrication and welding to coded standards
- An ability to read parts drawings
- To undertake slinging with reference to LOLER and PUWER regulations
Requirements and prospects
- No previous experience necessary but should be able to demonstrate an interest in engineering
- A desire to learn engineering skills relative to the lifting equipment industry
- Must be able to drive and have own car - due to location of company
- Reliable and adaptable
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Good communications
Must have GCSE grades A-C in English, Maths, Science and ICT
- To achieve level 2 and level 3 Engineering Apprenticeships and become a full time member of the site services team.
- Additional training will be given to specific areas of work.
Things to consider
In-Comm Training Services' training facility in Aldridge, Walsall, two days per week for the duration of this apprenticeship.
You must also be able to drive and have own car due to location of company Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
About the employer
This expertise has allowed us to develop a truly customer focused solution that is second to none.
- NVQ Level 2
- City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Engineering
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
Improving Operational Performance
IN-COMM TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by In-Comm Training Services Ltd
Sue Fisher or Alex Jones 01922 457686
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017