Assistant Claims Advisor Apprentice COVEA INSURANCE PLC
A great opportunity for an apprentice to join a large insurance company has become available in Kings Hill, West Malling.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 36.25
Possible start date
25 Aug 2017
08 Mar 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The purpose of the role will be for the apprentice to provide specialist administrative support to the HNW and Commercial Claims Department, processing bordereaux's, payment and reserve reports from external loss adjusters and suppliers within relevant timescales and in accordance with Departmental procedures and standards. Also, to manage your own portfolio of household and commercial claims within the limit of your authority.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Processing of Bordereaux's, delegated payment and reserve reports from external loss adjusters and suppliers
- Indexing of correspondence onto claims system
- Acts well on feedback, constantly seeking to improve their performance
- Manage your own portfolio of household and commercial claims within the limit of your authority
- Prepare files above normal authority levels for references to senior personnel making recommendations where necessary
- Ensure that all verbal/written complaints are dealt with in accordance with the complaints procedure
- Remain vigilant to the potential opportunities for financial crime, fraud and money laundering and take actions appropriate to mitigate their likelihood and impact
Your working week will be 9am-5pm Monday to Friday with 45 minutes for lunch. Salary will be £11k per year and you will be entitled to 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
Requirements and prospects
- Strong planning and organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- An effective communicator using all verbal and written communication methods.
- Follows procedural requirements and escalates enquiries as and when it is sensible to do so.
- Actively listens to others and demonstrates their understanding with appropriate follow-up actions
- Able to develop and sustain relationships with internal and external parties
- Office experience
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above (or equivalent)
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 Insurance Practitioner.
Insurance > Insurance Practitioner
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Canterbury College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017