Playwork Apprenticeship Level 2 Meadow Dolphin Club
You will be working within the after hours kids club called Dolphin Club. It will be 30 hrs approx. per week over the academic year, for 26.25 hours term time, 7.30am to 9am Mon-Fri and 2.30pm to 6.15pm on Mon and Wed. 2.30pm - 6pm Tues, Thurs and Fri - so through the week. I have explained in detail as the hours may suit some but not others.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
07 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You'll be supporting children to follow their own ideas and interests for play.
You will make sure they are safe and create interesting and fun activitives/play opportunities to meet childrens individual and group needs.
You will follow health and safety procedures and help children to be aware of their own safety and that of others
You will adhere to safeguarding procedures and policies.
Your day-to-day work will include:
- Providing and setting up play areas, materials and equipment.
- Preparing snacks and refreshments.
- Talking to children about their concerns or worries.
- Dealing with injuries and emergencies.
- Building relationships with parents, carers and professionals.
- Maintaining a suitable and safe play environment.
You will be invited to join in activitities like sports, drama music, den building, cooking and creative games.
Requirements and prospects
- Teambuilding and planning and debriefing sessions
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Responsible and caring attitude
- Patience and Invited in for interview back in November but you didn't attend/turn up.
- Organisational skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Willingness to undertake training in playwork/childcare skills
- Knowledge of the Playworker principles
- Be willing to learn and develop professionally
- Have great communication skills at all levels
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Have a sense of fun
- Patient and tolerant
- Reasonable level of physical fitness
- Understand playwork principles
GCSE (or equivalent) A-C desirable and must have A-C in Maths and English preferred.
Things to consider
About the employer
Meadow Dolphin Club
- Level 2 in Playwork
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
This is a work based qualification, which means that you do not have to go to college; a training and development officer will visit you to deliver the qualification and set you work.
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
Jules Westbrook firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017