Apprenticeship – Parts Consultant Level 2, working towards level 3 Syd Smith Spares Ltd
Our Client is looking for a motivated individual to join them as an Apprentice Parts Consultant. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an exciting and vibrant company and to develop a future career. Be part of a fast paced environment that recognises staff as the most valuable asset.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
07 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The Parts Consultant Apprenticeship responsibilities will include:
- Building long-term relationships with local customers
- Managing stock and picking parts
- Learning the operational aspects of the warehouse
- Taking orders over the telephone and up-selling to increase invoice value
- Making outbound calls to raise customer awareness and achieve sales
- Actively promoting offers, discounts and customer competitions
- Limit credits and returns by sending the right parts, first time
- Become an essential, trusted part of your customers’ business
Requirements and prospects
- An ambitious individual who is driven
- The ability to operate in a fast and demanding environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work as part of a team
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal
There are no entry requirements to apply, however you will need to complete initial assessments in English, Maths and ICT.
Things to consider
About the employer
Syd Smith Spares Ltd
- This course usually takes two years to gain an NVQ/VCQ Level 2.
- To do this you'll go to a further education (FE) college, either on day or block release.
- The rest of the time will be spent in a place of employment where you will get to learn practical skills from seeing the real working environment
- Once you pass your assessments and progress through your course you will be able to start completing tasks on your own.
- To ensure you are competent in completing tasks on your own a Remit assessor will visit you periodically at the work place to complete assessment testing with you.
Training is delivered to suit the needs of every apprentice and their employer, where possible, and includes:
- On-the-job supported study
- Distance learning and self-study
- Classroom sessions
- Off-the-job training
- Block training
Vehicle Body and Paint
REMIT GROUP LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Remit Ltd
Bethany Dallison email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017