Apprentice Customer Service Assistant LDC 4 Training
Customer facing role: Supporting customers in making purchases, taking and processing orders for parts and goods, receiving and making calls, booking of jobs for the workshop and booking driving and motorcycle training courses.
Closing date: 08 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
11 Sep 2017
03 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Working within a small retail team in a busy motorcycle sales and driver training school / motorcycle workshop.
Duties will include:
- Maintaining the appearance of the shop, merchandising, serving customers, taking payments and promoting sales within the shop.
- Using the online ordering/supplier system to order parts and products.
- Handling incoming calls from customers, handling enquiries and redirecting to appropriate staff as necessary.
- Booking clients onto Driving Courses and Motorcycle Courses.
- Booking jobs for the Motorcycle Workshop.
- Use of IT systems to produce invoices and send emails.
- Associated administration and processing of paperwork.
- Maintaining social media accounts and website
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work as part of a small team
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build rapport with customers
- Excellent telephone manner
- Able to follow instructions
- Organised and methodical approach to work
- Strong IT skills
- Strong desire to gain product knowledge so as to assist customers in making their purchases
- Warm, friendly personality; able to build relationships with customers
- Confident manner; able to communicate with customers face-to-face and over the telephone
- Smart appearance
- Enthusiastic and eager to work
- Able to demonstrate initiative
- Good team worker
- An enthusiasm for delivering customer service
- An interest in motorcycles would be an advantage but not essential
- Ideal candidates will possess GCSEs in Maths and English (Grades A*-C) or equivalent qualifications.
Candidates that do not possess the desired grades will be required to attend Martec Training in Newcastle under Lyme on a block release.
Things to consider
About the employer
An Intermediate Apprenticeship in Customer Service consisting of:
- A Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service
- Functional Skills in English and Maths (where appropriate)
Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Martec
Sarah Bailey 01782 717272 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Sep 2017