Hairdressing Apprentice. The Hair Gallery
The successful applicant will work in this well established salon based on the outskirts of Blackburn. Main duties are: assisting the stylist, reception duties, cleaning rota duties and continuing your training.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
09 Oct 2017
03 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- The Hair Gallery is a well-established salon based on the outskirts of Blackburn. With a high standard of professionalism and customer service we are looking to recruit a hairdressing apprentice to join our team.
- The successful candidate will be expected to display a high level of professionalism and work well under pressure.
- You must possess excellent communication skills as dealing with the public is paramount.
- The Stylist will expect you to work closely alongside them, observing assisting with colouring shampooing and blow-drying.
- The job role will also include meeting and greeting clients, making and serving drinks, reception duties and cleaning duties.
- Training will be given on a weekly basis in the work place; this may follow the college programme. Monthly or weekly meetings/appraisals may be given.
Requirements and prospects
The employer would prefer some basic skills in shampooing and blow-drying, however self-motivation and a willingness to learn are essential.
- Interest in hairdressing.
- Time keeping.
- GCSE’s in Maths and English A* – C or equivalent preferred, however functional skills can be gained in college if these cannot be produced.
Things to consider
About the employer
The Hair Gallery
- All aspects of N.V.Q Level 2 Hairdressing will be trained both at college (one day per week) and in salon
- N.V.Q Level 1 Functional skills if required
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Blackburn College
Work based learning team 01254 292593
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017