Apprentice Child Minding Assistant STOP & PLAY CHILDMINDERS LIMITED
I am looking for an Apprentice Child Minding Assistant who will help my daughter and I look after children.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
09 Mar 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
To assist in all childminding related daily duties based mainly in our outdoor area including, but not exclusive, to the below:
- To assist where necessary in preparing the premises for the arrival of children e.g. health and safety checks, general cleaning.
- To be friendly, approachable and professional to parents/carers who visit and who drop/collect their children.
- To assist in planning and setting out of equipment to meet children’s current interests.
- To play under supervision alongside the children, to observe their play and development and to make brief notes on our daily record sheet to record any significant observations.
- To assist tidying up during and after play activities where necessary and to keep children safe.
- To assist with snack and mealtime preparation and serving.
- To assist with meeting all the individual needs of the children being cared for.
- To be aware of and to follow published policies at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Having knowledge of the EYFS
- An understanding of safe guarding
- An understanding of confidentiality
- Good communication skills
- Interest in children required and to be kind and comfortable around them
- Current DBS
- Level 2 in childcare qualification
- Must have a 12 hour paediatric first aid certificate
Things to consider
About the employer
STOP & PLAY CHILDMINDERS LIMITED
- Advanced Level 3-Diploma for the Children & Young Early Learning and Childcare
In addition all Apprenticeships include:
- Induction and Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills (as required)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills are mapped and embedded (Creative Thinking, Independent Enquiry, Reflective Learning, Team Working, Key Management, Effective Participation)
- Guided Learning on and off the job through training, set tasks or independent study
- Coaching and mentoring in the workplace
- Achievement Records of all Training and Development activity
The requirements will be covered in the Level 2 Award in Employment Responsibilities and Rights in Children and Young People's Settings.
Children and Young People's Workforce
HERTFORD REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hertford Regional College
Sharon Ryan 01992 411375 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2017