Intermediate Apprentice - Childcare. St Nicholas's Nursery
Childcare apprentice required for a very friendly busy nursery.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
11 Sep 2017
02 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an Apprentice your role will involve:
- Supporting the staff as a member of the team
- Working with children from the ages 0- 5years
- Being involved in the planning of activities and daily routines
- You will also be involved in staff meetings, planning and opportunities, EYFS, Inspections etc
- You will be a reliable member of the team, working co-operatively and with flexibility
- Develop positive relationships with parents/guardians
- Where appropriate, participate in a “Key worker” system and take a special interest in a specified number of children
- You must also adhere to all company policies and procedures and be available to work when required during opening hours.
Full training/induction will be available on site. Uniform available.
Support is always available to assist you with your qualification. Apprentices are included in all staff meetings, planning opportunities, EYFS, inspections etc.
Requirements and prospects
- No particular skills required.
- Keen to learn.
- Support other members of staff.
- Well presented.
- No specific qualifications required but must be prepared to undertake functional skills (at least level 1) in Maths, English and ICT.
Things to consider
About the employer
Online learning through our interactive e-learning site, supplemented by regular face to face support from your assessor. You will be working to gain:
- L2 Apprenticeship for the Children and young people's workforce
- L2 certificate and L1 functional skills in English, Maths , ICT and Employment awareness
Children and Young People's Workforce
PEOPLE AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by People & Business Development Ltd
Sharon Dodd 01440 731731 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017