Apprentice IT Technician Lance Mason Limited
We are now recruiting for an enthusiastic IT Apprentice to join the team and support the company’s growth.
Closing date: 12 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
26 Sep 2017
28 Feb 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Some of your duties and responsibilities in this role will include:
- 1st line technical support to computer and systems users throughout the company
- Installing, repairing and configuring desktop PCs, servers, laptops, printers, network equipment
- Setting up new starters in Active Directory and configuring newly purchased hardware
- Resolving technical problems experienced by computer users within the company by provision of technical support, including Proclaim case management software
- Accepting and responding to tickets on the Service Desk
- Escalating technical problems to 2nd line support
- Assisting with Hardware maintenance and repair of Desktop PC's and peripherals
- Managing general IT admin duties and other duties as may reasonably be required by the company
- Participating in projects as directed by the IT/Projects Manager
- Expected to act in accordance with IT policies and procedures
Requirements and prospects
- Interest in and good knowledge of Personal Computer hardware
- Basic understanding of computer networks
- Ability to install, configure and troubleshoot software, in particular Microsoft programmes such as Windows 7 and MS Office (training will be provided for bespoke packages)
- UK driving licence would be desirable but is not essential
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels with PC users, management and suppliers; both in writing and verbally
- Strong problem solving skills
- Keen to learn and establish a career in IT
5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Mathematics and English.
Things to consider
About the employer
Lance Mason Limited
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive nine weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills Level 2 in Mathematics, English and ICT.
Estio training also offer the following optional units:
- Microsoft MTA - Networking Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA - Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Faye Brown 01133 500 333 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 12 Sep 2017