Childcare Apprenticeship Playdays
You will be working towards providing a safe, caring and stimulating environment for the children in your care. You will also be responsible for the physical, social, educational and emotional development of every child in your care. It is important that you are able to show initiative and meet high standards of care. Full training provided.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
13 Nov 2017
27 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Help children and families to settle into the nursery’s routine and environment
- Work as part of a team to provide a high quality early years curriculum based on the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Work as part of a team to provide a high standard of care and play activities for children in a secure, safe and stimulating environment
- Support topics planned for the day
- Assist with planning and participating in children’s play indoors and out
- Be alert to indications of possible abuse and to report any such concerns to the Manager or Room Manager immediately
- Recording accidents in the accident book and ensuring the manager is advised
- Prepare snack meals and cooking activities with children
- Be responsible for the safe and appropriate use of equipment associated with the activities undertaken with the children
- Maintain the play areas and equipment to be used in safe and serviceable condition
- Remove equipment in need of repair and report it to the manager
- Be prepared and undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery as required by all staff
- Support children in their personal care, changing nappies, toilet training, hand washing, dressing etc.
- Providing comfort and warmth to a poorly child
- Respect the confidentiality of all information
- Keep a proper record of achievement file on key children for parents
- Looking upon the nursery as a whole and always being constantly aware of the needs of children
Requirements and prospects
Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Enthusiastic, warm and caring approach
- Able to relate to under 5’s. Some experience of taking care of children would be preferable but not essential
- Having a sense of responsibility towards the children
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to develop an understanding of work with families of different races, religions, cultures and with children or carers with disabilities
- Have regard for people’s differences and additional needs
- An awareness of safety and hygiene
- Ability to work in partnership with parents or carers
- Show commitment to achieving the apprenticeship in the agreed timeframe
- Be punctual and reliable
No formal qualifications required.
Things to consider
About the employer
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship Children and Young People’s Workforce Level 2.
Children and Young People's Workforce
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Royal Borough of Kingston Council
Janet Mills 020 8547 6837 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2017