IT Computer Repair Apprentice ADEPT4 MANAGED IT LIMITED
We're looking for a reliable individual who is looking to start a career in the IT industry and eventually progress into one of their main IT Support Teams.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
15 Sep 2017
24 Feb 2017
Higher Level Apprenticeship
Duties and responsibilities:
- The candidate will work alongside the existing Technician in their Repair Shop environment performing repairs to all kinds of IT equipment, as well as the pre-configuration and preparation of new workstation and server equipment.
- From time to time, the candidate may support the main IT Support Teams with individual projects.
Requirements and prospects
- Any candidate should possess some natural troubleshooting ability. The ability to think logically, or break down an issue in one’s mind is always helpful in a break/fix environment.
- Ability to Assess Faulty equipment (PC’s / Laptop’s / Printer’s / Router’s) etc.
- Repair & Re-install Laptops & Pc’s which will include operating systems and software
- Contact Vendors and oversee warranty replacements including arranging collections and deliveries of equipment
- Contact Customers & deal directly with repairs and software and hardware faults.
- Commission New equipment ready for a customer.
- Assist with creating new procedures
Knowledge about particular products, software, procedures and skills to work and progress within the company can and will be taught.
- Good communication skills
- Hard working
- Willing to learn
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Things to consider
About the employer
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive twelve weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience. Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 4 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 4 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- PLTS and ERR
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Server+
Estio training also offer the following optional units:
- MCTS on Windows 7
- MCTS on MCSA, MS Solutions Associate
- MCITP on Windows Server 2008
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Chloe Adams 01133 500 333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2017