Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant Barash (Chemist) Limited
We are currently recruiting for a Pharmacy Services Assistant - Apprentice to join our busy local Pharmacy. You will work alongside healthcare professionals including Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians, joining the team to provide a variety of pharmacy and medicines services to patients, the public and other professional healthcare teams.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 41.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
24 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will be involved in:
Supply of medicines and products: assisting in the preparation and assembly of medicines and products; issuing to patients and other healthcare professionals, assisting in providing advice on administration and storage of medication.
- Assist in conjunction with the Pharmacist; Receive prescriptions, assemble prescribed items, undertake an in-process accuracy check, issue prescribed items.
- Hand dispensed and non-dispensed medicines to patients/customers according to correct protocols.
- Under the supervision of the Pharmacist, provide advice to patients on the use of medicines as well as general health.
- Work according to legislative requirements, and organisational policies.
- Handle information according to organisational and legislative requirements; keep information confidential; record and store patient information securely and act if you think information is not secure.
- Provide advice on symptoms related to minor ailments which the public may ask about at the pharmacy.
- Provide advice on the safe and effective use of Over the Counter Medicines.
- Identify requests for advice or treatment of minor ailments which must be referred to the appropriate team member according to organisational procedures.
- Recommend and sell over the counter medicines and products according to organisational and legal requirements.
- Support pharmacists and pharmacy technicians to manage patients with long term conditions by promoting services such as health checks and smoking cessation programmes.
- Ensure cash transactions are handled correctly.
Stock Management / Control:
- Assisting in the ordering, receiving, disposal and return of medicines.
- Assisting with stock rotation and carrying out of date checks.
- Assisting with the storing and maintaining stock in the Pharmacy.
- Assist in the promotion of public health by promoting healthy lifestyles to the public and colleagues.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to listen and take instructions well.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and develop personally to improve understanding of the role.
- Methodical and organised.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Smart appearance.
- The ideal candidate will have GCSE grades A* - C in Maths, English & Science or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Certificate in Pharmacy Service Skills (NVQ)(QCF).
- BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Pharmaceutical Science.
- Functional Skills Maths and English Level 1 (with the option to complete Level 2).
- Medicine Counter Assistant (MCA) Course.
Health - Pharmacy Services
BUTTERCUPS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Buttercups Training Limited
Alex Zielinska 01159 374936 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017