QA Engineer Apprentice EGRESS SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED
The Egress Apprentice Program is a fantastic opportunity for ambitious individuals looking to take their first steps on a software-based IT Security career path.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
24 Oct 2017
21 Feb 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
You will be responsible for assisting with the testing and support of our portfolio of encryption solutions.
Some of your duties and responsibilities in this role will include:
- Helping to create and develop detailed test plan documentation based on project requirements
- Developing automated test platforms from scratch
- Logging and describing issues discovered during testing
- Interacting with Software Developers to resolve issues discovered during testing
- Interacting with clients to resolve issues encountered when working with third-party products
- Creating real-world test environments from scratch
- Developing and enhancing automated test platforms
- Performing testing and quality assurance on the complete range of Egress Software solutions following stringent testing procedures
- Assisting with software training and consultancy both internally and as required on customer site
Requirements and prospects
You will have an interest in Computing, Science or Maths and have a desire to learn the fundamentals of Quality Assurance and Testing.
You will possess a natural communication style and outstanding interpersonal skills. A demonstrable ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a wider team is essential.
Any exposure to the following technologies would be desirable:
- MS SQL Server
- ADAM / ADFS
- VMWare Tools / ESXi
- Python scripting
- Experience with bug tracking and test management systems i.e Klaros / Redmine
The position would ideally suit a highly sociable and charismatic individual who is professional, well organised, and exhibits a keen eye for detail.
The ideal candidate will possess a natural communication style and have ability to build effective relationships with a wide variety of technicians, in addition to the following:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A high level of initiative with ability to self-manage
- A high aptitude for Problem Solving
- An ability to change pace very quickly, and multi-task
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Things to consider
About the employer
EGRESS SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED
Full training in the company’s product portfolio will be provided to you.
Alongside being trained by your employer to help you with your specific job role, you will receive technical training from us here at Estio.
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive 7-12 weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will potentially lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Software Tester Apprenticeship Standard
- MTA Software Development Fundamentals
- MTA Software Testing Fundamentals
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Alex Christodoulou 01133 500 333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017