To provide administrative support to the Family Services Coordinator and the Communications & Fundraising Officer. This will include responsibility for all reception duties; acting as front of house for Bibic, carrying out work delegated by the relevant staff and managing increasing responsibility whilst working on the databases.
Office Administration Apprentice
Closing date: 14 Apr 2017
Monday - Friday 9:00 - 17:00.
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
24 Apr 2017
21 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The role of the post holder is to provide general administrative support to the Family Services Coordinator and the Communications & Fundraising Officer. This will include responsibility for all reception duties; acting as front of house for Bibic, carrying out work delegated by the relevant staff and managing increasing responsibility whilst working on the databases. The post holder will also be required to deal with enquiries relating to fundraising and family services.
- Receive and connect telephone calls and take/relay messages as necessary (developing on to checking and adding information onto the databases)
- Welcome all families and visitors, ensuring they sign in and explaining our facilities and fire procedures.
- Take payments over the phone or in person, including therapy payments and/or donations using the card machine provided and filling out relevant spreadsheet.
- Process all incoming and outgoing post.
- Updating financial income records, working with the outsourced accountants to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Inputting the weekly income spreadsheet and managing invoices.
- Banking all monies; cash and cheques.
- Checking weekly Health & Safety check sheets reporting issues to FSC &OM.
- Inputting monthly printer usage, contacting printer company to order relevant supplies and calling through any printer issues.
- Take minutes in fundraising, therapy and full staff meetings. Type up and distribute via email.
- To arrange meetings for outsourced services when required.
- Check building signage is correct. Highlight any issues with FSC.
- Ensure backup disks are changed over daily.
- Monitor stationary supplies and inform FSC.
Family Services Administration (Developing onto):
- Inputting any phone enquiry information onto the database and notifying FSC of enquiry.
- Dealing with any enquiries for services already booked e.g. Telephone interview date and time/ assessment date, time and location queries/ invoice and payment queries.
Fundraising Administration (Developing onto):
- Downloading and inputting all donations onto Bibic's fundraising database Donorflex.
- Inputting and updating donor information on Donorflex.
Requirements and prospects
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and IT skills
- An understanding of office systems
- An understanding of good customer relations and some experience in dealing with public enquiries
- Ability to work under own initiative without supervision. (Develop into)
- Ability to set own priorities and work within a timescale
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good telephone manner
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to give attention to detail and to see things through to conclusion
Grade C or above in GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths.
The possibility of progression onto a full time position. This would include taking on more administration responsibility and database management.
Things to consider
One day a week will be spend at Strode College, Street while undergoing the apprenticeship.
About the employer
A national charity helping children with conditions affecting their social, communication, sensory, motor & learning abilities to achieve their full potential.
- Level 2 Business Administration
- Functional skills in Maths & English (if necessary)
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Strode College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 14 Apr 2017