DAF Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship Euroway Vehicle Management Ltd
Working alongside qualified technicians who will be dealing with all aspects of the maintenance and repair of heavy vehicles.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
20 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- A DAF Apprentice will work as part of a highly skilled workforce that is committed to quality.
- With the rapid increase in the complexity of today’s trucks – and the technology needed to keep them up and running – first class training for those involved in the vital servicing and maintenance of these vehicles has become more important than ever.
- The DAF Trucks National Dealer Apprentice Programme gives you the chance to join the select group of specialist technicians working on some of the most modern, sophisticated trucks on the road.
Requirements and prospects
Full training will be provided, no skills required.
A keen interest in heavy vehicles, excellent communication skills both verbal and written. The employer is looking for an apprentice that is very hard working an motivated to learn new skills.
Minimum of 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) (A-C In English and Maths required).
About the employer
Not only will Apprentices be working and be trained at a DAF garage they will attend City of Bristol College four times a year for two week periods to work towards their VRQ Level 2 in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair. An advisor will visit at least every six weeks as part of a close support network to ensure that Apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course.
An Apprentice’s training includes:
- VRQ Level 2 in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Technical Certificate – IMI Diploma Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT.
- Recognised Welding Certificate
Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skillnet
Yasmin Hartley 01923 216165
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2017